Sign in to follow this  
Juslivin

A couple enclosures i might make.

Enclosures  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

Alright so i was messing around with sketchup and i think i have decided on what enclosure designs i want. Specs are not perfect im just aiming for design right now.

I want opinions of which you would get or which would work/sound better.

Keep in mind its going in a full size standard cab truck

subbox1ni6.jpg

subbox2je1.jpg

#3 (I wont have both ports just didn't know if it would be better to port it on the top or bottom.)

subbox3jq4.jpg

Edited by juslivin

What kind of truck? dodge,ford,chevy......... ever thought about down firing port back on top? I have made a few center console enclosures and IMO, they sound best either back firing or sub down port back.

I don't know what kind of truck yet, as i am getting it for christmas, but i know its either a late body style dodge or chevy.

I have thought about a down firing and back port but haven't really seen anyone do them.

Do you have any pics of your center console boxes? I have also though about building a console box and i think that might be a better way to go.

monumental fail on the sketchup... haha sorry..

huh?

You just hit the print screen button on your keyboard and then paste it into paint.

Oh, i just thought as a new member to SSA you wouldn't just come in my thread and be rude.

I spent all of 10 minutes designing all 3 of these and as stated they are DESIGNS. They aren't blue prints, im not a sketchup expert it was actually my second time using the program. But by me placing these images on here, i believe everyone on the forums understands the basic designs of the enclosures i am trying to show.

monumental fail on the sketchup... haha sorry..

huh?

You just hit the print screen button on your keyboard and then paste it into paint.

Sketch-up has an export option. You can export the project as a .png file.

Fullsize Chevys can have about 60" wide enclosures behind the seat

and you can export it as .png file on sketchup

Fullsize Chevys can have about 60" wide enclosures behind the seat

and you can export it as .png file on sketchup

Also, you should get a truck first so you can design it!

ok, thats whart i thought..... i was just saying how your sketchup models look "pathetic"

honestly dude take it somewhere else that is uncalled for.

Jason do you have any way of getting measurements of either trucks space?

I got a 98 silverado single cab, 96 sierra ext cab, 01 sierra C3, and my neighbor has an 06 silverado. My buddie has a 01 dodge fullsize single cab. What measurements do you need?

Edited by Jason907

I cant remember but if juslivin can remind us which of the two trucks it was gonna be you could give us the measurements bc i believe it was between a dodge and chevy. I have to have confirmation on that though so what will it be juslivin.

Either the body style before the newest chevy one and dodge also.

Those measurements would be awesome if you can get them jason.

Like this

2006_Chevrolet_Silverado1500_ext_1.jpg

Or

Like this

2006_Dodge_Ram1500_ext_1.jpg

Edited by juslivin

What measurements???????????? 03-06 chevy/gmc or a POS dodge?

alrighty I have to wait until my neighbor gets back from work (metal fabrication hookup FTW)

that is the 2003-2006 body style chevy which is a beautiful thing, you better hope you dont get that dodge (i think its an 06 in the pic)

SINGLE CABS ARE BADASS

drunk talk FTL^

I don't have any pics of reg cab enclosures. I also have limited exposure to chevy's. I have built many center console enclosures for dodges. You can go with up to 18" wide between the seats. If you mount the enclosure to the seat brackets you can go 18" high while still being very comfortable arm rest. as far as depth depending on if it is a 4x4 with the lever I would suggest 24" give or take a few inches that size would yield you about 2.6ft^3 after displacement tuned to around 32 hz with 41 sq inches of port area. if made out of .75"

If you wanted to build behind the seat you have abuot 10" at the bottom and 7" at the top about 21" high by 56" wide. the cab tapers in several inches from the window line up. I have made a few of those as well, the only way to do that properly is to remove the seats and even then it is still a pain to get the enclosure in. If you want to use the flip down arm rest you also have to angle or reduce top depth for 18" in the middle. This enclosure also limits the subs to be used due to depth. when mounting a 12" as close to the bottom as pos. you still only have about 6"

hope this helps and is not to confusing

What measurements???????????? 03-06 chevy/gmc or a POS dodge?

Thats just funny!!!!!!!!

No wait

Thats really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yeah, I cant stand them. lol CHEVY FTMFW!

Something like this would work, but forget about the squares on the baffle

l_91b50ce89ee30701ddfca6fe46781b06.png

l_ddd534470f62d6759ee0c21b48c8e8a7.png

I just saw that you have a Icon 10. great choice btw. I assumed from your sketches that you want to go vented. you could make that fit in either location. if you were to go sealed in a dodge you could make a center seat enclosure and retain the factory flip down arm rest. while the vented box would be to tall to do this.

just some idea's

Haha yeah, I cant stand them. lol CHEVY FTMFW!

I understand if I had to see the back of a chevy all the time it would more than likely bother me as well

HAHAHAHAHA