holley2346

Fi - Sundown

Crappy cell pics but will use a real camera when I start installing and building the box... waiting for the bl's.

It's going in,

9e5f202d427b.jpg

Amp,

566aeaa2aa0b.jpg

Batteries,

33bc2bd98b48.jpg

Wire,

596f40334594.jpg

Will do... just got the box design done, should be something like this. Dual-18-12ft3-at-32hz.png A guy from ca forums did it for me.

I can tell. jk lol

Nice whip btw. whats the specs for the enclosure?

Just got done building it and I have gorilla glue on my hands and it WILL NOT come off.

It is 12 ft ^ 3.

Box wasnt too hard to build. It is the biggest I have ever built and it turned out really solid. About to post pics in a few mins.

Yet again its crappy cell phone pics.. sorry.

very nice man. are you gonna add another baffle to it?

x2, looks really nice though. what's the tuning freq on that beast? :D

Didn't plan on it....

edit: I also ran my remote switch and bass control wires today from front to back..... didn't take too long but figured it was worth mentioning.... L.O. converter comes in wednesday and I'll get all the rca's and everything ran. Then whenever the subs come in I will mount the amp (I don't know where yet) and wire it up and all. Mount the subs in there and hear it bump! I also ran into a problem..... I was going off of the fact I thought there was already a baffle in the back cargo area that leads to under the car. But I was aparently wrong after searching for about 20 minutes. So I started out wanting to run the wire under the car, but now I am thinking maybe run it inside under the carpet on the right side...... but then I would have to mount a baffle in the front..... so I will make it a question. Should I run it under or inside? Under would be MUCH easier in my opinion.

Edited by holley2346

So I got carpet on it and put it in today... it is HUGE. A little too big in my opinion. But it should work... I will take some pics tomorrow and upload them tomorrow night...... everything fits really tight but I can't wait to get my subs in now.

Sick...is that carpeted or painted?

nice truck

oh for an update to this.... 18's come out tomorrow. but I am going to take them out when my bl 12's come in because this setup is too big and I don't want to tear apart my new truck.... so I will be keeping the 18's and buying 2 more and walling off an old 40's model panel truck I have. So I will post some pics and all when I get the 18's in, then I will post pics of the 12's and all whenever they come in.

Looks good so far. :)

As an update... I received a faulty 3000d (power supply mosfets were bad), but shipped it back SA has great support. I will be getting another one most likely next week. Also 12's come in today. So I guess I will get to building a new box tonight and get everything ready for my amp.

Hopefully it all works good this time.

Got the 12's in and wow they are SEXY. But I hate how the sub looks soooooo small. The dustcap almost fills up the cone lol.

Yeah I like the expansion of it, and when everything is screwed in good it fills any small gaps that may be there. I just cut off the excess inside the box and it is good to go. Since I am still waiting on a working amp I haven't even tested my crappy particle board box yet. But that gorilla glue is some tough stuff there is no doubt. I guarantee the wood will break before the sides will blow out that are gorilla glued.

As an update to this I have had everything installed and working for a few days now and everything seems to be doing very well. Got everything set right on my amp.I don't have any numbers on it.... I don't know anyone around here with a meter. But it is definately loud, get plenty of flex. Amp gets pretty hot and subs are pretty warm. Only got stinky the first day. No Problems so far, and my particle board box has not even cracked yet haha. I get TONS of vibration and noise from the back cargo door and was wondering should I mat it up, or use expanding foam?

Thanks fi and sundown.

watch that battery connection. don't let it get loose because it looks a little odd.

Edited by phi

watch that battery connection. don't let it get loose because it looks a little odd.

I was thinking the same thing... it looks really, well, kinda chitty? The connection that is.

img00059qk3.jpg

That needs to be fixed, with that amp you want to make sure your electrical is up to scratch and that is not good enough

i know for a fact that amp will run cooler and stronger with more batterys

i ran my saz 3k with three yellow tops. i now run 5 much much better