holley2346

Fi - Sundown

Yeah I fixed it after I took the picture, tightened it up and wrapped it in tape. Also used a new ring terminal. Other than that what do ya'll think.

Also, I never could find any 0 gauge distribution blocks, which is why I just used wire from battery to battery.

Edited by holley2346

Made a battery / amp holder. Organized things pretty good. Still needs some touching up. My only drill that accepted over sized bits went out so I was not able to drill the holes for my fans, just running it without the plexiglass top for now..... actually used adhesive glue for this one. On my box for the 18's I was trying some new stuff that you roll on not the spray kind and I could NOT get it to work for anything. Over all I think I did a good job. :)

IMG00077.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

Edited by holley2346

so theres a plexi glass panel on the top of that amp/battery rack? If yes, then make sure to have air vents for the amp cooling. You may have said something about this but I don't remember. nice amp/battery rack though.

so theres a plexi glass panel on the top of that amp/battery rack? If yes, then make sure to have air vents for the amp cooling. You may have said something about this but I don't remember. nice amp/battery rack though.

Thanks... I have 4 120 mm fans ready to go into it r. the amp half is going to be sealed off from the battery side. Air will come in on the far right of the box (rca side of amp) and leave next to the power supply of the amp. The only reason they aren't installed is because my drill stopped working. It's about 15 or so years old needs replacement anyway. :(

edit: I also gotta get some gold plated terminals to pretty it up... the lead ones don't look so hot. Also you can't see it in the picture but I have blue neon tubes inside which doesn't look bad it actually does not look gaudy at all.

Edited by holley2346

Thanks... I have 4 120 mm fans ready to go into it r. the amp half is going to be sealed off from the battery side. Air will come in on the far right of the box (rca side of amp) and leave next to the power supply of the amp. The only reason they aren't installed is because my drill stopped working. It's about 15 or so years old needs replacement anyway. :(

edit: I also gotta get some gold plated terminals to pretty it up... the lead ones don't look so hot. Also you can't see it in the picture but I have blue neon tubes inside which doesn't look bad it actually does not look gaudy at all.

Looking VERY nice. BTW, I didn't know the newer Tahoes/Yukons came w/ the cloth option. Everyone I've seen had leather. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Oh yeah, WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

I am going to redo my truck..... I was tired of not having space in the back of my truck. Therefore I decided to go with 1 BTL 18. Using same amp/electrical/etc. Here are pictures of the pull out....

coming_out.jpg

box_sub.jpg

All of them lined up :)

all_side.jpg

Sorry for the wait..... box is simple and took ~4 hours to complete. I am waiting to put carpet on until my btl 18 comes in and I make sure this thing is going to stay together :). I am getting a little better and more efficient each time I build a new box.... I must say this one went together with ease.... gorilla glue is the best stuff on earth. It holds like no other, and the expansion is perfect to make sure the box keeps a tight seal. :)

It has a bl 18 installed in the pictures.... I love how this box is much smaller gives me some extra room and turned out to be exactly what I wanted. :)

ssa1.jpg

ssa2.jpg

ssa3.jpg

Edited by holley2346

Finally got my BTL in and installed yesterday afternoon...... may I say that I feel extremely sorry for the UPS guy(s) that do the pickups at FI car audio....... I had NO IDEA that this sub would be so heavy.... I'm pretty stout and I swear this thing was nearly impossible to pick up and move ~50 feet. Putting it in the sub hole without crushing your fingers is nearly impossible....

But I could care less about the weight and pain in the a$$ that it is to move / install because this thing is LOUD. It performs like no other sub I have ever seen or heard.... excursion is amazing on this thing, and it broke my dash board where the cluster connects to the dash board.... doesn't move as much air as 2 18's but it has more force than the 2 BL's.... I rate this as 10/10. If you want a perfect sub that gets sexy low and will beat the hell out of you and your vehicle, look no further than the BTL. :)

I love you FI!

IMG00218.jpg

IMG00219.jpg

IMG00220.jpg

IMG00221.jpg

IMG00222.jpg

Note that I am going to double baffle this and add a bunch of bracing to the box.... along with carpet / etc.

Nice work. The blue dustcap is sexy. lol. i was thinking the same thing about the UPS guys too. Poor souls.

You should take a pic with your set up right now with the neon and everything.

Also, if you want space why are you going with 18's? lol

Edited by Maddenkid2011

I love the amount of air they move and the sound they produce. I wouldn't trade the lows for anything... Plus there is still a "wow" factor with that large of a sub. I plan on getting a btl 21 as soon as it is released. :)

Yeah I totally agree. They do certainly have the "holy chit" factor

You'll definitely have no room with a 21. Lol.

I also love the badass look of your Tahoe. The hood scoop does some good work for it.

Temporary rebuild for a month or two.

I ordered 2 BL 12's back when I ordered my BL 18's, almost a year ago. And they have only seen a few seconds of free air. So I decided I'd give my BTL a break and use them for a couple of months until I get some new equipment and do a rebuild closer to Christmas. I built the box last night, took ~5 hours. I have it done, minus the double baffle, flush mount, and textured paint. I will post pictures after it is finished tonight. I used a 4" Aero port. The box is ~3.0 ft^3 after displacement, and I was wanting to tune to ~29, which required a 7" long tube. In my sketchup plans I completely forgot about adding the length of the flares, and realized after finishing up that 7" just wouldn't fit. So I am going to pick up an elbow and some additional pipe this afternoon.

The subs sound extremely deep, despite the fact they are tuned a lot higher than I wanted. To get more air space I am likely going to make the port tube external and invert the subs. Here is the sketchup model,

2_12.jpg

This is the build that I will work on around Christmas;

v3.jpg

Equipment I still need for the Christmas build;

2 PowerBass asa 800.2's

Q Logic Kick Panel Enclosures (ordered)

Another Polk Audio component set

Some additional midrange/tweeter sets for real fill (still not decided)

Edited by holley2346

likeing the constant changing and tweaking, upgradeing....it all says you are into this big time, your designs and approach are different, so that show you are artistic wih it, you have good equipment......and still , well I just keep pointing to you electrical . any new and improved upgrades with it, lots of hasty shortcuts are in it. the look of your truck, and choice of equipment, i just know you got a little more to dump into it, do this and get that next box going and you will be doing great! hope you receive this as just general input, not bashing at all...... I drive my wifes van! lol.

Might be a dumb question, but what are you going to do with those 18" BL's?

Might be a dumb question, but what are you going to do with those 18" BL's?

The bl18's were sold a few months ago to a member on this forum.

likeing the constant changing and tweaking, upgradeing....it all says you are into this big time, your designs and approach are different, so that show you are artistic wih it, you have good equipment......and still , well I just keep pointing to you electrical . any new and improved upgrades with it, lots of hasty shortcuts are in it. the look of your truck, and choice of equipment, i just know you got a little more to dump into it, do this and get that next box going and you will be doing great! hope you receive this as just general input, not bashing at all...... I drive my wifes van! lol.

It's all good. I think I enjoy designing and building more than I do actually listening. I am doing my best not to order a H.O. Alt right now. I know it would help a lot, I'd just rather keep modifications that can't be removed down to a minimum. Which is why I am not doing a wall with multiple BTL 18's.

I have been talking to a distributor of DC, and am considering a DC lvl5 18 if I can get the price right. :)

If anyone has heard these, or have opinions I would appreciate it. I have never heard any form of a DC sub, and there are not even any distributors of DC in AL.

uh, that fellar that runs DC seems pretty dam cool so far, he and I have been sorta talking lately, I have not made any decisions yet cause of our grandbaby just being borned, but if you hit him up with a few questions, he is quick to respond.

tell you what, if you snatch up that sub, you will have my attention!

I feel you on the ho alt, I sold my little mazda because there was no big ho alts out there and custom ordering a big ol' ho alt for a car with 278,000 miles on it seemed risky........ not much chance of resale if the car would of sh*t out.

but in your case, popular truck, direct bolt on, easy resale, i mean what da problem is<saysit all ghetto like , lol

seriously , quit teasing yourself, hook her up, tear out all your electrical, (those little ugly shortcuts) upgrade your alt and do a super clean big three, solder and all! you know you are not getting out of the game anytime soon lol.

besides you said yourself you like doing the builds, do work son!!!! < all hype sounding lol

oops almost forgot....... rusty@dcsoundlabs.com......... just have your paypal account info ready , ha ha

Edited by porkchop

I will consider the HO alt, but I will be adding additional batts for sure on the christmas build. I took my 2 yellow tops out, and am using one 70 AH battery, and wow lights dimming is overly rediculous.

What H.O. alts would you recommend, and what website can I purchase them from?

I shot an email to mechman about a 220 amp alt. We will see what happens.

Edited by holley2346

uh, irraggi, mechman, dc power engineering, exccessive amperage, ohio generators, Ho highoutput alternators..........ummmm, db electrical............ :shrug:

should get you started :fing34:

uh, irraggi, mechman, dc power engineering, exccessive amperage, ohio generators, Ho highoutput alternators..........ummmm, db electrical............ :shrug:

should get you started :fing34:

Still waiting on replies from mechman and DC.

I have pictures of the install, but can't seem to find a usb mini cable anywhere.

have you done a big 3 yet? most people say that helps a TON

Installed kick panel enclosures, and WOW it makes a HUGE difference.

Still running off the head unit right now, should be getting boxes from knukonceptz, db-r, and parts express in a few days to change all that. :)

kp.jpg

kp1.jpg

kp2.jpg

Edited by holley2346