MTX520

any box builders?

so im getting a woofer soon after x-mas...im getting a power acoustic mofo 15...and i wanted to know if someone could build one cheap and ship it to me...i want my box to look like this one

Single-18-65ft3-at-32hz.png

Do you have a jigsaw? You pretty much have all the dimensions there. It's not going to be cheap to ship a box.

X2 on the 2 port thing. In my experiences slot ports work best when one is used per woofer. I wouldn't reccomend using a dual slot ported box, just use the same port area with one port.

I you don't mind the shipping I can build it

why the dual port though?

a single larger port will have less surface drag and have less displacement/weight

a single larger port will have less surface drag and have less displacement/weight

so it isnt a good idea to use dual ports ??? or wot :captain:

this guy can build anything!

Also, trevor get ahold of me about that other dual 10 box you have.

this guy can build anything!

Also, trevor get ahold of me about that other dual 10 box you have.

ummm mark are u thinking what i am thinking

lol trevor get back to me about the other one

because "supposeably" it gets louder...some guy told me this..thats why i went with this box...why is bad?..or should i just go with 1 port?

and another friend of mine made me a design with just 1 port..should i go with that?..its this one

This will come to 4.04 cubes net, tuned to 33.75Hz, with 71.875 sq inches of port area.

15mofo.jpg

15mofo2.jpg

just showing the double-baffle idea..

15mofo3.jpg

15mofo4.jpg

And the center of the two circles that would need to be cut are at 12"x12" from the right side of the board..

Edited by MTX520

What did you draw all of that with?

Im trying to find software that works with windows 2000 (don't laugh) :(

Google sketch dsnt work.

I might just have to use the computer downstairs ...

i dont really know bro...i friend of mine made it...I AM A ask him what sofware he uses...

Those look like sketchup renderings to me...

so can anyone help me out?..anyone?

so can anyone help me out?..anyone?
If you don't mind the shipping I can build it

:Doh:

Cant do it yourself? all you need is a skillsaw, and a router (or jig)

I dont think its bad its just I think a single port is much easier to get right. Also your box will most likely weitgh less.

just to add there are also a lot of other veriables that come into play. Box tuning. Loading and the list go;s on.

Maybe you can start by telling the guys what car you have and what your goal with this will be. You already mention loud, but does that meen for loud daily, do you give preference to loud or you want a good measure of both? ...and if you are willing to pay the shipping there are a few good builders in this forum. some freelance others make a living from it. Maybe have a look at their threads under the topics.

just to add there are also a lot of other veriables that come into play. Box tuning. Loading and the list go;s on.

Maybe you can start by telling the guys what car you have and what your goal with this will be. You already mention loud, but does that meen for loud daily, do you give preference to loud or you want a good measure of both? ...and if you are willing to pay the shipping there are a few good builders in this forum. some freelance others make a living from it. Maybe have a look at their threads under the topics.

the box is going in a chevy TB 02..so theres gona be plenty of space..and im going to have this daily...

the box is going in a chevy TB 02..so theres gona be plenty of space..and im going to have this daily...

Sorry not sure on the car as we dont get those here, but I take it its and SUV. If that is the case you might considder subs up port back. Tune it around 32-34 hz.

2 loaded BL's should work nicely with a SAz 3000D

Sorry not sure on the car as we dont get those here, but I take it its and SUV. If that is the case you might considder subs up port back. Tune it around 32-34 hz.

2 loaded BL's should work nicely with a SAz 3000D

haha its a SUV brotha!...yea i was thinking on that subs up port back and thats the tunning i want my box 30-34hz...so right now i think on going with 1 15 or 2 10's, 2 12's...not sure yet...Im gonna power the woofers with 2 1,000+ rms amps so maybe im looking on woofers maybe 1000 rms up..

Edited by MTX520

Have Trevor do it, I'm willing to bet him and BJ will make far better enclosures than anyone on here.

whos trevor or BJ?....hit me up with their info bro

whos trevor or BJ?....hit me up with their info bro

Trevor owns and operates Pound That Sound. BJ Fisher owns and operates Fisher Customs.