Sign in to follow this  
Mark LaFountain

XMAS computer build - 3 23inch vertical standing monitor set up >

Just another thing where u have to ask urself... do i really need this...

answer.... nope... but chit it looks cool :)

I had done a 4 monitor display at my circuit city store on one of the display comps while i worked there... never at my own house though

looks nice :)

p.s. my desk is almost identical to yours...

Just another thing where u have to ask urself... do i really need this...

answer.... nope... but chit it looks cool :)

I had done a 4 monitor display at my circuit city store on one of the display comps while i worked there... never at my own house though

looks nice :)

p.s. my desk is almost identical to yours...

I do need it though. Web design requires lots of programs to be opened at once. I can have over 12 windows open at any given time. :) This give me the desktop room I need. finally.

Hehe, i kinda hear yah there, i do web design myself, but i dont necessarily think the 4 monitors is needed :). cmon u gotta admit ud be fine with 2 monitors perhaps even 1. :) deep down u wanna be able to say oh... you have a 30" apple monitor...? oh... okay well i have 4 monitors...

Hehe, i kinda hear yah there, i do web design myself, but i dont necessarily think the 4 monitors is needed :). cmon u gotta admit ud be fine with 2 monitors perhaps even 1. :) deep down u wanna be able to say oh... you have a 30" apple monitor...? oh... okay well i have 4 monitors...

thats seriously not it. I just want more desktop. Also it's nice to have media center open on a dedicated screen also. :gift:

thats seriously not it. I just want more desktop. Also it's nice to have media center open on a dedicated screen also. :gift:

ya trust me Mark will find a reason to need it... and although Mark had alot of toys hes never been one in my eyes to do it in a way to condesend anyone else more just for his own enjoyment and believe me with all the chit mark does online I think he needs these... plus I will get to play on them :fing34::fing34: lol

Almost looks like our IT department at work. Looks neat :fing34:

always gotta show off cause u got the best mother board or what made cause ur spoiled...

here's a little update, finally completing the monitor part of this build.

on order:

Ergotron Triple Display Stand - Black

f74051c88da0bf35f14e1210.L.gif

I will have three of these in total smile.gif (allready have two of this model) standing vertical.

SyncMaster 23" Super Resolution wide Screen Monitor - 2343BWX

5917230_a.jpg

I will be sure to post pics once this is all here and setup. I very excited about this right now, allways wanted a monitor setup like this.

I like that mother board. WIth that monitor set up playing games should be awesome!

HOLY GOOD GOD!

I have always wanted a multi monitor set-up, mostly so I could devote a monitor to a media player. Too bad I have a Laptop :(

I like that mother board. WIth that monitor set up playing games should be awesome!

I'm not much of a gamer, I've never even tryed one in my life on a computer!

HOLY GOOD GOD!

I have always wanted a multi monitor set-up, mostly so I could devote a monitor to a media player. Too bad I have a Laptop :(

Yah, should be fun

I've already built 2 systems with that chip so far so i've got some OC knowledge about that design.

If you ever interested in really seein the performance increases your setup can do, let me know.

You 're gonna need a Thermalright Ultra 120 xTreme Black Edition with 1 fan for it.

DO NOT GET THE COPPER VERSION! (if u do, you must lay the pc down on it's side as it's too heavy)

Anyways, that heatsink + fan holder and fan is gonna run bout $100 so if u wanna consider oc-in it, just let me know.

You got the right type of board to do it.

We can push your FSB up from that 1333 to over 1600 and that will allow your memory read\write speeds to sky rocket even when maintaining stock speeds.

Also, if you haven't been tinkerin with your BIOS memory settings yet, your memory may only be runnin at 1333 as well since the SPD values will always default memory speeds to a slower speed than rated.(bastards, lol).

I just wouldn't suggest OC'ing with stock fan, not a godo idea on Intel chips.

On AMD you can cuz they overrate their speeds drastically.. therefore they run cooler at their "supposed" speeds.

If you want, you can always bump your memory speed up to it's 1600mhz rated speed on stock equipment, i just wouldnt do anything else until the cooling system has been upgraded.

oh god, at first glance i read MOTOR's and was thinking four motors on a xcon :o!

ok, happy day :), my stand is here!

on to the pics! Total screen resolutions: 3456*2048 is what i'm running.

triple_monitors001.JPG

triple_monitors002.JPG

triple_monitors003.JPG

triple_monitors004.JPG

triple_monitors005.JPG

showing off the tilting feature.

triple_monitors006.JPG

and finally a screen shot :)

screen_shot.jpg

damn is that your control center?

yessir, i'm loving it so far. it's a bit much at first though.

I've already built 2 systems with that chip so far so i've got some OC knowledge about that design.

If you ever interested in really seein the performance increases your setup can do, let me know.

You 're gonna need a Thermalright Ultra 120 xTreme Black Edition with 1 fan for it.

DO NOT GET THE COPPER VERSION! (if u do, you must lay the pc down on it's side as it's too heavy)

Anyways, that heatsink + fan holder and fan is gonna run bout $100 so if u wanna consider oc-in it, just let me know.

You got the right type of board to do it.

We can push your FSB up from that 1333 to over 1600 and that will allow your memory read\write speeds to sky rocket even when maintaining stock speeds.

Also, if you haven't been tinkerin with your BIOS memory settings yet, your memory may only be runnin at 1333 as well since the SPD values will always default memory speeds to a slower speed than rated.(bastards, lol).

I just wouldn't suggest OC'ing with stock fan, not a godo idea on Intel chips.

On AMD you can cuz they overrate their speeds drastically.. therefore they run cooler at their "supposed" speeds.

If you want, you can always bump your memory speed up to it's 1600mhz rated speed on stock equipment, i just wouldnt do anything else until the cooling system has been upgraded.

man, sounds like you could really get this machine cranking for me. where do I get this fan setup? and thanks for the advice. I'm sure this thing is faster then it currently is. it's like caging a lion.

Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Rev.C CPU Cooler

There is some things there that you do add to the list so it will be around $100 after everything.

IF you do not have any, Artic Silver 5 paste is highly suggested for thermal compound.

I can walk you through it if and when u decide to do it and see if u want too.

Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Rev.C CPU Cooler

There is some things there that you do add to the list so it will be around $100 after everything.

IF you do not have any, Artic Silver 5 paste is highly suggested for thermal compound.

I can walk you through it if and when u decide to do it and see if u want too.

awesome, thanks. when the time comes, i'll have to get a hold of you.

Holy crap! Who needs to scroll?

lol, it is awesome using monitors at that angle but i cant do that with mine.

I use dual 22s from ASUS and i tend to watch HD movies on one while i work on the other so i gotta keep one at least in normal widescreen mode.

Since i do lots of video editing on the side.. i'll never see that setup for myself but it is awesome for a web designer.

The funny thing is, those who use multi monitors efficiently, once you get used to them, you can't do without them and tend to think of reasons why u may need another one... and another one.. and another one, lol.

lol, it is awesome using monitors at that angle but i cant do that with mine.

I use dual 22s from ASUS and i tend to watch HD movies on one while i work on the other so i gotta keep one at least in normal widescreen mode.

Since i do lots of video editing on the side.. i'll never see that setup for myself but it is awesome for a web designer.

The funny thing is, those who use multi monitors efficiently, once you get used to them, you can't do without them and tend to think of reasons why u may need another one... and another one.. and another one, lol.

agreed, i've had at least two monitors for over 5 years, and couldn't function without them. You are right, I keep adding monitors lols.

I've also just added this to my website to show potential customers that they aren't dealing with someone working in their grandmothers basement :)

- Design Center

design_center_overview.jpg