filtor1

I almost forgot about posting pics

Definitely keep us posted on the differences between the two mids. Ours look a little "dainty" next to those monsters :)

I definitely will. And as far as the looks, I have heard they can be deceiving. :D I prefer the depth od the Havoc mids to the Rainbow mids as I would not have needed to cut the door panel, but that is water under the bridge. The cf cone looks amazing too. I really look forward to seeing what they are capable of.

On a side note. The tweeter pods sucked. There were too many complex for the Vinyl and when fitted, I mounted the pods about 1/2" too low and they prevented proper placement of the door panels. :( I broke them down to the stock sail and am going to start over.

Have you tested the mids yet, I am curious myself.

Damn, ask you will receive!! Progress is looking good! Keep the pictures coming.

Definitely keep us posted on the differences between the two mids. Ours look a little "dainty" next to those monsters :)

I definitely will. And as far as the looks, I have heard they can be deceiving. :D I prefer the depth od the Havoc mids to the Rainbow mids as I would not have needed to cut the door panel, but that is water under the bridge. The cf cone looks amazing too. I really look forward to seeing what they are capable of.

On a side note. The tweeter pods sucked. There were too many complex for the Vinyl and when fitted, I mounted the pods about 1/2" too low and they prevented proper placement of the door panels. :( I broke them down to the stock sail and am going to start over.

Have you tested the mids yet, I am curious myself.

Not enough to make a definitive review yet. Everything went in Friday afternoon. I have only had minimal time to tune and do any kind of critical listening. I will take some time out this week, possibly today to turn the subs off and have a listen. The biggest issue I have is the passenger side has the completed pod and the drivers side was thrown in using MDF baffle rings as I didn't want to drive to Daytona with only one side playing. I have one more free day this week, Thursday, and I will do my best to either complete the other pod or remove the passenger side pod and mount them the same way. I will definitely keep you posted. :)

And just an initial reaction of these subs, as that part is completed as much as it is going to be, is they are totally different than what I have grown accustomed to. I only thought the Q's were low end monsters. The Havoc's play much lower than the Q's did and with more authority. I will get some video's up at some point to show the destruction of my poor car. :) The 260+sq ft of deadener has been rendered useless. They are louder to my ear. No metering done yet, but even after the barage of huge systems at SBN, I can still make it uncomfortable to sit in the car at volume.

The Havoc's do not seem to capture the upper registry as good though. In the drivers defense I have totally changed everything. New box, new electrical, new amps, everything. So the majority of this could be a response to all those changes. I have been changing between having them play to 63Hz and 80Hz and the mids playing above that and the subs cover up to 80 pretty well. They shine under the 63Hz setting though. The mids keep up. The first set I have had in there that can keep up. they are being run passive off the same KickerZX850.4 I had on the Powerlines. Thus far I am extremely happy with the way it sounds. I just need to dedicate some more time to finishing the install, (pods or no pods), and get on with the tuning.

...great job on the install and A+ for the sexy woofas ... but that sounds like no deadning to me ... (paste -->FTW) ...

Powerline019.jpg

Powerline014.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

It looks like I didn't get one of the passenger door after the Ensolite went on.

The outer skin is done on the doors as well as the inner door panel on all four doors. Then a layer of Ensolite on the inner door and the door panel on top of the layers of deadener.

The "professionals" I paid to do the original install.

I like the duct tape used to hold the crossovers in the rear doors the best. The rest of the system, less the indash wiring, was pretty good.

100_1031.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_0950.jpg

100_0945.jpg

So yes, I have done extensive deadening. To the tune of $1K in materials. That was my limit. I won't spend any more time or maney on it as the system is capable of creating new rattles all the time.

Thanks for looking.

So here we are, a year later and a few electrical issues have persisted. But I decided after the the top was separated from the enclosure, I would rebuild. So here is take 2 same box with a couple of modifications and this time will be firing forward and sealed off from the trunk.

Mock up.

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

I had to take a small break and do a build for a friend that took precedence over my own.

3-12" JL W6v2's 1.5cf per chamber, tuned to 34Hz.

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00941.jpg