I was just wondering what's the biggest wires you guys can use for the sub to the amp and the wires for wiring the dvc terminals together (if you have dvc) :D

the biggest i've seen were 8g, is that the biggest it can go?, personally i never tried this so i wouldn't know and im planning to upgrade my wires sooooooooooon :woot:

Unless you have some extreme setup, dont waste time and money. 12 or 10g will work fine.

I think i'm using 10g and 8g. Its a pain in the ass too

i use 10g for most big stuff...8 gauge is pushing it. the 18 solo x has a neat terminal setup that allows 8 gauge pretty easy. but for everyday drivers, 12 gauge is more then enough.

also, a certain team will tell ya that u don't gain anything with bigger speaker wire as they have even used 4 gauge. score didn't change, so they went back to 10 gauge. they will tell ya that more runs from the battery back with the biggest wire u can shove thru ur vehicle will result in gaining tenths on the meter.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I run 14 guage standard unless I have a myriad of drivers or an extreme length. If this is the case, I will size accordingly.

I think I'm using 10ga or 12ga for my Uberwoofer ... and it's WAY too big. I'll be downsizing pretty quick ...

I've got 12awg stranded on the '12a...never had a problem with it.

I used 12 ga and switched to 10 ga(no difference) on my sub earlier. I got some extra 11 ga but not sure if i will need it and may just stick with my ol' 12 ga. The distance is so short between the amp and sub that you probably could even use 16 ga.

I have to check but I think it is DEI 12g

i have 14ga in the truck for 1kw.

i have 10ga in the car for 3kw.

you dont need gigantic speaker wire to move the power. higher voltage.

8ga to the bramas.

only reason is beacuse i didnt have any wire that was long enough :)

Plus,it fit in the terminals.The 4000D cah accept 6ga in its speaker output terminals :finger:

8ga to the bramas.

only reason is beacuse i didnt have any wire that was long enough :)

Plus,it fit in the terminals.The 4000D cah accept 6ga in its speaker output terminals :finger:

boy... i made a hifonics accpet 1/ott power wire... it's not hard. LoL