Sign in to follow this  
jdawgg22

Fi Bl 15"

I was wanting to know some information on warranties, today i was listening to my 15 and in made a horrible sound and I shut it off instantly and I took it out of the box to look at it because I tried to push on the sub a little bit to see if there was any movement and there wasnt but I can push it from the back and it moved up, but the i noticed the magnet has cracked twice around the magnet and in between the two cracks had shifted to one side sticking out further than the rest of the magnet.

any advice would be appreciated.

get a new mag replacement

He needs a new motor.

And the only way that should have cracked like you describe is if you dropped it.

get a new mag replacement

He needs a new motor.

And the only way that should have cracked like you describe is if you dropped it.

I didn't drop it though

how much would a magnet and a recone cost?

They dont crack by themselves.

Anything you can think of that might have caused it?

the box jumping a little? or the were two screws loose.

so the warranty most likely wouldn't cover it?

And what made the box jump "a little"?

Im not sure. It wasn't screwed into the truck or anything.

So how exactly were you driving when you cracked the motor? Was the box shifting and sliding all over the place?

Sounds like it was your bad though the way we're having to pull information out of you.

So how exactly were you driving when you cracked the motor? Was the box shifting and sliding all over the place?

Sounds like it was your bad though the way we're having to pull information out of you.

It might have been my fault but I wasn't driving I was just sitting in my drive way with the trunk open showing it off to a friend.

You'll have to send it in regardless.

I'll get you an RMA number tomorrow night if not then Tuesday. I will not be back until very late Monday night.

Thanks,

Nick

I'll get you an RMA number tomorrow night if not then Tuesday. I will not be back until very late Monday night.

Thanks,

Nick

alright.

thanks.

The box could jump around all it wants, but as long as the sub was screwed into the baffle the motor should not have undergone any stress... Maybe it got dropped in the mail when it was shipped to you and the crack just took time to manifest itself.

The box could jump around all it wants, but as long as the sub was screwed into the baffle the motor should not have undergone any stress... Maybe it got dropped in the mail when it was shipped to you and the crack just took time to manifest itself.

If it had gotten dropped how could the magnet just crack like that one day?

I live 2 doors down from him and i was there it really just stopped workin. I thought he melted it. But i wasnt sure, it was bumpin about how it usually does then, it started getting crazy excursion. and just stopped working. Then we took it out of the box and saw the the magnet was cracked 2 times all the way aroun like you saw in the pics. Personally i dont know how it happened, but i can assure you that it really wasn't dropped. I'm not saying the its Fi's fault, and maybe nicks right it might have been dropped in shipping and we never noticed it, but hes had it for close to a year now and wouldn't have cracked before or maybe since we live in Indiana and it just got cold that may have caused it to. A sudden change in temperature????

Thanks,

Nick

Hey, I was wanting to know if you have gotten that number.

Sign in to follow this