elblako91

Will a prefab box work?

Ok so I only had enough money to buy 1 FI BTL 15" so my plans are to buy a cheap 30 dollar prefab box until i can order the other 15 and then make a custom dual 15 sub enclosure. Besides reinforcing the prefab box so my BTL doesn't blow it apart will i get better bass response from a bigger box?

Thanks-Blake

You didn't tell us what size box your prefab one is and everyone is gunna flame you for this.

just build a dual chambered box so you can use the 1 you have now and just drop the other in when you get it.

Also you can easily build a big box for 30 bucks. Possibly cheaper. I just built a box and i still have some wood left.

Sorry about that the box is 21 inches long 18 inches deep and 16.5 inches tall. And i wanted to build my new one out of 1 inch MDF so its probably not going to be under thirty bucks.

I was planning on doing what db junior said but i thought it would be cheaper going with the prefab for now.

if your gonna build the box anyway you should just do it now. it probably wont cost you any extra if you build a dual chambered box vs a shared chambered box. as far as construction of the box 3/4 should be fine id just do a double baffle and bracing. proper bracing is stronger than a double layer so the extra 1/4in wont make much of a diffrence if properly braced.

Agreed.

I would do a double baffle. Btl's are some heavy woofers ;)

Agreed.

I would do a double baffle. Btl's are some heavy woofers ;)

Great i don't expect the prefab box i bought to last me long then lol.

Anyways if i build the custom double chamber box for the two 15 btls that are each getting powered by a hifonics brutus BXI2008D what kind of numbers (DB) can i expect to get assuming each sub is getting 2000 watts at 1 ohm and the box is tuned to 35 hrtz. Oh and this will be in a Ford Excursion if that helps any.

Theres no telling what number's youll get, you will have to see once its all set up.

Ha ok the suspense is killing me! ^_^ I'll keep everyone posted on the build with plenty of pictures.

Edited by elblako91

Good.

You should know we love pictures here ;)

what do you plan to do for a box style. subs up port back. do you have a strong electrical, what upgrades. how large each chamber.

what do you plan to do for a box style. subs up port back. do you have a strong electrical, what upgrades. how large each chamber.

Still researching about the box but i might go with a port right down the center. As far as electrical i currently dont have any upgrades so i wont play it to hard. Each chamber is going to be 4 cubic feet big.

I was wondering this about a set of tens. I hear build a box is easy, but I also see tuned this and tuned that. Any Helpful advice on a first time build? Oh the 10's I expect to get are SSDs

why those amps?

Standard 33hz Tuning For SSD's I Guess. Try RE's Box Calc Or The One On SSA. It's A Good n00b Tool. Make Sure You Figure In Sub Displacements Too, For Both Woofers In Each Chamber. I Wouldn't Common Chamber Them Like Some People Do, Reverse Polarity Is A Pain In The Ass Sometimes. A 2-2.5 Cubic Foot Would Be Fine Tuned To 33hz. What Vehicle?

why those amps?

True, True. Hifonics "Power" Lmmfao.

Standard 33hz Tuning For SSD's I Guess. Try RE's Box Calc Or The One On SSA. It's A Good n00b Tool. Make Sure You Figure In Sub Displacements Too, For Both Woofers In Each Chamber. I Wouldn't Common Chamber Them Like Some People Do, Reverse Polarity Is A Pain In The Ass Sometimes. A 2-2.5 Cubic Foot Would Be Fine Tuned To 33hz. What Vehicle?

There is no need to reverse polarity in a common chamber.

I have an 05 Dodge stratus Sxt SedanThis box crap runs me through a Loop, I just assume get a pre fab ported box rom like bass slammers or something

There is no need to reverse polarity in a common chamber.

fosho.. i was confused by that aswell.

Whoops. F'ed That Up. Nevermind About The Whole Reverse Polarity Thing.