CrazyBrian

Hey everyone! I got a question

I ordered a Fi Q 12" like 9 mos ago and im finally getting around to installing it. I got my box done finally.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/w...si/King%20Kong/

But my question is I forgot if I got the 1 ohm or 2 ohm speaker. I tried emailing Fi and get no response. I dont see anything on the speaker showing me anything and I need to know how to wire it to my SAE-1000D

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi ,

got a multimeter ?

measure one of the coils on resistance ,

measure the resistance of the cables on the multimeter first by putting the red and black pin together and subtract that resistance from what you measure on one of the coils , that should give you an answer on how to wire your sub .

Hi ,

got a multimeter ?

measure one of the coils on resistance ,

measure the resistance of the cables on the multimeter first by putting the red and black pin together and subtract that resistance from what you measure on one of the coils , that should give you an answer on how to wire your sub .

I do have access to one. I did not know this. thank you.

:WELCOME:

Welcome

if you measure the resistance of one of the coils and it comes up around 0.7, you have a D1 sub. If it's like 1.4, you have a D2. I hope you have a D2 so that you can wire it in parallel to the amp. I hope you thought about that back when you were buying things.

take the sub from its box....

go just about any where... you must know someone with a multi meter... someone that works on cars.. the local audio shop.. the guy next door..

if you measure the resistance of one of the coils and it comes up around 0.7, you have a D1 sub. If it's like 1.4, you have a D2. I hope you have a D2 so that you can wire it in parallel to the amp. I hope you thought about that back when you were buying things.

Yeah im pretty sure thats what I did. Crosses fingers lol.

thanks for the welcome guys.

Edited by CrazyBrian

Well I got that bitch in on tuesday and holy cow! My rear window was flexing like crazy.. I dont think my lil 95 prelude is going to hold up lol.

only 1 seat comes down in my rear and thats my passenger side. Does it make a difference which side the port is facing? right now from when standing at the trunk its on my left.

Welcome to SSA :)