lamchop_8

New Saz-3500d & BTL

I've seen the new Sundown amp (3500d) and I plan on buying it but I need to know one thing before I do. Can a btl fully loaded handle 3500+ rms for long periods of time without blowing??? Also will I get a 3db increase since thats almost double the btls rated power or not????

Depending on box and your skill as an installer, will tell you how long the BTL can handle the power.

Also depending on box and install, you may seed dB gains with more power, but you can't put a number to it like 3dB.

Depending on box and your skill as an installer, will tell you how long the BTL can handle the power.

Also depending on box and install, you may seed dB gains with more power, but you can't put a number to it like 3dB.

Yeah you're right. The enclosure is going to be Walled 12.6 cuft after all displacements tuned to 34hz. Any chance of db gaining there???

WOW thats a HUGE box, that 2 feet more than recommended

Yeah thats good is'nt it???

normally a bigger box will only help if you dont have enough power for the sub.

Hey,someome told me that I can give the btl 3500+ rms daily for long periods of time without blowing but I would have to turn the bass boost on the amp all the way down. Is that true? And since im going to be running that much power to both subs should I cut the wall down to 11 cubes after all displacements giving the subs 5.5 cuft a piece or keep it at 12.6 cuft giving the subs 6.3 cuft a piece???

edit - 12.6 net volume for a PAIR is great. (1) 3500D per sub is no problem if it is setup properly (gain, subsonic filter). Turn bass boost off. If you have to ask about that, I am concerned about you running a single BTL and 3500 watts :D

edit - 12.6 net volume for a PAIR is great. (1) 3500D per sub is no problem if it is setup properly (gain, subsonic filter). Turn bass boost off. If you have to ask about that, I am concerned about you running a single BTL and 3500 watts :D

[/quote.

Yeah. Trying get as Much dbs as I can.

Turn bass boost off. If you have to ask about that, I am concerned about you running a single BTL and 3500 watts :D

/agreed

It's like letting someone who's never shot a gun before loose with a minigun. :captain:

Turn bass boost off. If you have to ask about that, I am concerned about you running a single BTL and 3500 watts :D

/agreed

It's like letting someone who's never shot a gun before loose with a minigun. :captain:

Just Making Sure Geeze :Doh:

I smell....... Noob trying to talk like he knows something.....

^^^ lol at minigun post

you dont seem to understand. your asking rookie questions.. but your buying veteran equipment..

to you will prolly have alot of problems anyway...

just like a 16 year old with a formula 1 car....... no matter how many questions you ask.. your prolly still gonna wreck it...

take steps.

another thing i have noticed latly.. is people put their hoop dream systems in there sigs.......

where im from you only post WHAT YOU CURRENTLY RUN!!!!! not hopes and dreams.

^^^ lol at minigun post

Yeah Funny :lol2:

I understand you are trying to learn, and I was not saying there was anything wrong with it - I answered the question.

You just are talking about a setup that has the potential of easily breaking from user error. Normally, when that happens to noobs, they come back here unhappy with the equipment manufacturer, when it is their own fault.

Brian

another thing i have noticed latly.. is people put their hoop dream systems in there sigs.......

where im from you only post WHAT YOU CURRENTLY RUN!!!!! not hopes and dreams.

X2!!!!!

^^^ lol at minigun post

Yeah Funny :lol2:

I wasn't joking. :Doh:

I understand you are trying to learn, and I was not saying there was anything wrong with it - I answered the question.

You just are talking about a setup that has the potential of easily breaking from user error. Normally, when that happens to noobs, they come back here unhappy with the equipment manufacturer, when it is their own fault.

Brian

"I understand you are trying to learn, and I was not saying there was anything wrong with it - I answered the question."

ME: O I KNOW

"Normally, when that happens to noobs, they come back here unhappy with the equipment manufacturer, when it is their own fault."

ME: I THINK I WONT COME BACK UNHAPPY BECAUE I KNOW WHAT IM DOING I KNOW ALOT ABOUT AUDIO BUT IM JUST A NOOB HERE BECAUSE I NEVER ANSWER ANY THREADS AND STUFF. ON THE SMD FORUM I AM AN ADVANCED MEMBER BUT I JUST NEVER REALLY DO ANYTHING BUT ASK QUESTIONS HERE BUT SOONER IM GOING TO START ANSWERING THEM SO I WONT BE A "NOOB" ANYMORE. BTW SORRY FOR ALL THE CAPS!!

in some cases you might even see higher numbers with smaller boxes

Yeah Your Right About That :)

your gonna wall it off?

your gonna wall it off?

Yes. BTW I know this is off key but have you guys seen the FI 22'' Basket??

Edited by Randy.D