lamchop_8

New Saz-3500d & BTL

Told you to get deadener ;)

(I'm ghettopeterpan from YouTube)

I promise you that unless you have unlimited cash, you will not need 3 of those alternators. I mean if you can afford it great, but if you don't want to spend the extra money, you won't need it.

Getting 155 is hard, and you will have to do a lot of things right to get it...

Most people on the street run Sony and Dual. And of course TL. lol. AC is such a waste of time.

And loudest I've sat in was a 159 something, and i stuck my head in a 161.4.

If you know what your doing a 143 with 2 10"s isn't to hard. Skip does a 148.6 with 2 Type R 12"s from the back of a Explorer below 45Hz. It's all about the box design and power. :P

I even managed a 144 with WAY less then half power to the L7's and a wayyy to MASSIVE for the subs, 13 cube box tuned to 40. With a bad SPL design.

Yeah your right it's mainly about the enclosure. The 2 10's are in a "Wicked One Horn" enclosure. Their only 450rms a piece.

Told you to get deadener ;)

(I'm ghettopeterpan from YouTube)

I promise you that unless you have unlimited cash, you will not need 3 of those alternators. I mean if you can afford it great, but if you don't want to spend the extra money, you won't need it.

Getting 155 is hard, and you will have to do a lot of things right to get it...

Ok fine I'll buy it :) What brand and how much to get. Shouldn't need much since I'm going to be padding the backseat up and not the whole car. BTW if I wasn't to get three or four of those alternators what would I be using to handle all that power??

Edited by Randy.D

Most people on the street run Sony and Dual. And of course TL. lol. AC is such a waste of time.

And loudest I've sat in was a 159 something, and i stuck my head in a 161.4.

If you know what your doing a 143 with 2 10"s isn't to hard. Skip does a 148.6 with 2 Type R 12"s from the back of a Explorer below 45Hz. It's all about the box design and power. :P

I even managed a 144 with WAY less then half power to the L7's and a wayyy to MASSIVE for the subs, 13 cube box tuned to 40. With a bad SPL design.

!!!Wow!!! Can you please describe what the 159db and 161db did to you??

LAWD

A 155 would KILL you!!! You wouldn't be ready for it.

Think about it, the loudest you heard and the one you want is at LEAST 3.2 times louder. And at most 4.5 times louder.

That is a huge difference, breaking 155+ legal is HARD. A buddy of mine runs, 4 DD 9515"s, 4 DD M3's, and 7+ batteries in a WALL, about 100 lbs of deadener, and barely does a 155.7 legal.

Whoa that Is hard. 100lbs. of deadener. That weighs more than some people I

know lol'z :) Is that the loudest you heard???

168.7 and only b/c his windshield broke

but than again I live in the crazy northeast and those maine folk are loud as (explitive)... what was his name Bob Perillo. yea I've seen him at every comp i've been too, if you want to see loud, youtube him.

LAWD

Think about it, the loudest you heard and the one you want is at LEAST 3.2 times louder. And at most 4.5 times louder.

That is a huge difference, breaking 155+ legal is HARD. A buddy of mine runs, 4 DD 9515"s, 4 DD M3's, and 7+ batteries in a WALL, about 100 lbs of deadener, and barely does a 155.7 legal.

but than again I live in the crazy northeast and those maine folk are loud as (explitive)... what was his name Bob Perillo. yea I've seen him at every comp i've been too, if you want to see loud, youtube him.

Okay thanks for info. About last week I seen this guy on YouTube hitting a lil over 159db at "25 HZ."!!! I know I couldn't last in that car for long, That would shake the fudge outta you.

I've seen the new Sundown amp (3500d) and I plan on buying it but I need to know one thing before I do. Can a btl fully loaded handle 3500+ rms for long periods of time without blowing??? Also will I get a 3db increase since thats almost double the btls rated power or not????

Ok i've been out of the scene for a while but I'll break down your post a little bit.

What's your budget again? Not trying to sound like an audio-prude, but people rarely realize the cost of going big, most of these posts, the proper electrical support costs more than their intended systems.

2x Saz-3500d's=

What vehicle is this going in (probably in your sig, but I didn't read it)

What are your electrical plans

You said streetbeater aka you need lots' o alts Oh and probably 4 batteries g31 minimum.

Add in the wiring.

I admire your big goals but this isn't as easy as buying subs, building box, running some wire, dropping your windows and pounding some bass.

Also I would like to point out that in the wrong box, a saz-3500d will most likely not show much of a gain over a 2000 watt amplifier (and trust me I'd love to sell you on Sundown audio, Jacob's an awesome guy and won't steer you wrong). You have to take into account thermal compression especially when trying to go big. Also high power and low tuning (not meant as in low tuning for you sq guys) often don't mix.

Also previously mentioned, that quite often with the right power and an experienced builder, small boxes can and will be louder than big boxes.

We aren't just trying to bust your stones, but also make you realize this is much bigger than you are thinking and trying to help you in the long run.

And one last thing, there is a reason why most spl comps require podiums for walled classes, your hearing is the most precious gift god ever gave you, don't be stupid enough to throw that away.

LAWD

Okay thanks for info. About last week I seen this guy on YouTube hitting a lil over 159db at "25 HZ."!!! I know I couldn't last in that car for long, That would shake the fudge outta you.

the first thing you need to do if you wish to be taken seriously is to fix your Sig ........just my 0.02 cents

LAWD

Okay thanks for info. About last week I seen this guy on YouTube hitting a lil over 158db at "25 HZ."!!! I know I couldn't last in that car for long, That would shake the fudge outta you.