Sign in to follow this  
iambump

Sealed subs to use?

Whats goin on guys, i'm going to be running 2 15's sealed and I can't make up my mind with all the quality runnin around these days. I am looking into:

DC lvl 3

IA Lethal Injection

SSA Icon

RE SE

FI Q

I don't know how to read the t/s to see what would act best but I have ~5 cubes gross so I have enough room for them, just no clue what to run subwise. I want loud, and I want a good quality of sound. Oviously ported would be best but I want 2 15's, and i'm not against sealed so that's what i'm going with.

Any help is appreciated.

Whats goin on guys, i'm going to be running 2 15's sealed and I can't make up my mind with all the quality runnin around these days. I am looking into:

DC lvl 3

IA Lethal Injection

SSA Icon

RE SE

FI Q

I don't know how to read the t/s to see what would act best but I have ~5 cubes gross so I have enough room for them, just no clue what to run subwise. I want loud, and I want a good quality of sound. Oviously ported would be best but I want 2 15's, and i'm not against sealed so that's what i'm going with.

Any help is appreciated.

What kind of music do you listen to, and what do you have for power?

music is late 80's/early 90's style hip hop, some heavy rock, and new school indi hip hop. not much radio music but guess i would play to show off to people who want to hear how "loud it can get"

sucks they are only dual 2's though... what amp could push them at 2 ohm? would the ones i listed not compare to those at all?

do u guys think i would be better off with one ported or 2 sealed? im leaning towards two sealed but a few are tellin me ported. if i go ported thats half the coast too....would there be a huge difference? and would the flatlyne still suit me?

its either 2 sealed or one ported, not really dependant on subs, i just cant decide. i'd use 2 4" aeros. think thats enough, or shoul i do 2 6's?

I vote for single icon and put it in a box from poundthatsound

my box is not going to be built anyways but basically IN my truck. its bagged/bodydropped and tranny/driveshaft tunnel has to be raised therefore you can't just give someone measurements.

that being said, the last guy said an icon would be perfect. do you mean a single one ported or 2 sealed? i want loud, but i think basically anything i put in such a tiny truck will be loud.

i have a regular cab silverado and i had 2 sealed 12 inch re se's. i deided to build a ported box for one of them and it got exponentially louder.

also, is there a good way to bend aero ports? im not going to be able to run them straight no matter what so I need to bend them somehow.

since i obviously have no clue what to run, im just going to keep my questions in this thread.

looking at the AQ site and seeing there stuff has me intrigued. dig the look of the lines and i know they have ties with DD. Do the street subs compare to those listed in this thread? Or would I need the HD's

also, is there a good way to bend aero ports? im not going to be able to run them straight no matter what so I need to bend them somehow.

You can buy 90s from Home Depot for real cheap.

I was really impressed by how flat and linear the ICONs were, and those were only 10's. On most songs where the really low notes start to drop off a bit on most 12's, the 10" Icons were just as loud as all the other frequencies and stayed composed while retaining the same tonality regardless of how loud they were playing. Lots of subs i have heard sound drastically different at different volume levels and can be hard to blend in well, the ICON stayed nice and consistent. I can only imagine the beasts that the 15's will be

You haven't stated what Qtc you are aiming for. If you would considering 0.707 (the classic one) or the 0.8 I've been told should sound even better in a car, you could use two of the following regarding that you have 5 ft^3 to play with?:

(0.707 or thereabout)

Ascendant Audio Havoc 15"

(0.8 or thereabout)

Audiotop Nemesis WN 15.4D

CSS SDX15

Revolution Design Audio Sonance V.2

SoundSplinter RL-p15 D4

The SSA Icon 15 looks to land right in between the two groups.

I say two SSA Icons sealed.