jondoe82

Are 2 1000 Watt amps enough for 4 15" BTL's

I have 2 Memphis 1000 Watt amps and was wondering if they were enough to push 4 15" BTL's. THey say 2000rms so im not sure if 500 watts would be good enough for 1

HHEELLLLLLLLL NO

They would laugh at that power. :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

I have 2 Memphis 1000 Watt amps and was wondering if they were enough to push 4 15" BTL's. THey say 2000rms so im not sure if 500 watts would be good enough for 1

Would work great with ssd's, but even they would start to crave a little bit more power.

strap them two amps together and then get six more and do the same then you'll have enough juice to make them move slightly.

Oh man, more power. 2 strapped amps per COIL. :wacky:

at LEAST 2500 per woofer I would say.

Edited by bassahaulic

4x Saz-2000d, or 2x sax-3500d would get my vote

Those amps would be louder with those BTLs than any other 15" subs made by FI, or most companies for that matter...

Those amps would be louder with those BTLs than any other 15" subs made by FI, or most companies for that matter...

very true...just because they can handle the power, doesn't mean they NEED the power..although you won't get full potential out of em...they have super high sensitivity, so theoretically would get the loudest out of all fi subs off that power.

also, w/ running that low of power, you probably wouldn't have to worry a whole lot about blowing em, even with the gains cranked, and signal clipping like hell. haha

a few AQ2200D or AQ3500D amps strapped would do also. great amps

why dont you hold off on the 4 subs for now, and just get a good amp, and 1 sub, and see how that does...by the question you asked, i think 1 btl on 2-3kw might satisfy you.

why dont you hold off on the 4 subs for now, and just get a good amp, and 1 sub, and see how that does...by the question you asked, i think 1 btl on 2-3kw might satisfy you.

just try 1 first and see. don't go wasting money on a lot and not know.

IMO, I say get the four woofers, and run the two amps you have for now, the BTL's, as said above are the most sensitive so would still get the loudest off such little power, after that, you can take your time saving for whatever amps you want, and also remember, if you are going to run 3kw to each woofer, or ever 2kw for that matter, you got a lot of electrical upgrades to do. Although many people expect a lot of 4 15's, I think after you tell them you have 2kw total power, as long as install is done right, most people should be impressed.