c0smo kram3r

My New/First Car! :)

It's NOT a locker unless it lock the differential it self.

I KNOW this. It's locks the transfer case, not the differential. This makes where the back & front get equal power. This is how all Discoverys/Range Rovers/LR3s are. I think the Defenders are the same way but I have never got the opportunity to play with one.

I KNOW this. It's locks the transfer case, not the differential. This makes where the back & front get equal power. This is how all Discoverys/Range Rovers/LR3s are. I think the Defenders are the same way but I have never got the opportunity to play with one.

How is it in the muds?

One, GREAT thing... I can lock it w/ my stock keypad where no internal door handles/locks work. This means that even if they break a window to get in, they can't. No Door unlocks work...only my remote.

yeah thats great untill you lose/ lock your keys in your car..... makes a lock out a no go.

nice truck...... i wish i had a fat stacked family!

yeah that beats the heck outta my 82 plymoth horizon hb that I had to drive... my parents "made" me by it.. they found it paid for it then I paid for it by working at hy-vee.... it did start my love for hb's though...

Nice ride

How is it in the muds?

don't know really haha. I think these shine more in technical stuff rather than going deep. Eh in mud, NOTHING can beat plain 'ol locking diffs. I have a '07 Yamaha Big Bear & it puts all of my friends' Hondas to shame(In mud & pulling wise). This is b/c Honda uses 'Traxlok" which takes at least 3 tire rotations to kick in and then you're already stuck. With the Yamaha, I just lock in all the diffs and go. God I love this four wheeler. I pulled a friend's Ford Expedition out of mud with it. Of course, it had some help from my Warn 2500lb winch :).

Edited by kram3r

Congrats on the nice first vehicle. But if you are not paying for repairs and upkeep, ditch the AQ amp and go up to a Zapco/Sundown/RF etc.

Congrats on the nice first vehicle. But if you are not paying for repairs and upkeep, ditch the AQ amp and go up to a Zapco/Sundown/RF etc.

FTW

How is it in the muds?

don't know really haha. I think these shine more in technical stuff rather than going deep. Eh in mud, NOTHING can beat plain 'ol locking diffs. I have a '07 Yamaha Big Bear & it puts all of my friends' Hondas to shame(In mud & pulling wise). This is b/c Honda uses 'Traxlok" which takes at least 3 tire rotations to kick in and then you're already stuck. With the Yamaha, I just lock in all the diffs and go. God I love this four wheeler. I pulled a friend's Ford Expedition out of mud with it. Of course, it had some help from my Warn 2500lb winch :).

I had an 04 Big Bear with 2 inch lift and tractor tires....... It is teh beast.

can't afford them :(... Any upgrades, I must pay for. Do you figure I'd tell a good difference b/t a Sundown 1500D & the AQ amp? The only way I could afford the Sundown, is a refurb which I'm fine with.

can't afford them :(... Any upgrades, I must pay for. Do you figure I'd tell a good difference b/t a Sundown 1500D & the AQ amp? The only way I could afford the Sundown, is a refurb which I'm fine with.

I cannot speak directly about that amp, but Jacob said a lot of people are trading in their AQ's for Sundowns.

How is it in the muds?

I had an 04 Big Bear with 2 inch lift and tractor tires....... It is teh beast.

yes. yes, they are. The newer models only get better w/ the independent and what not. I've pulled some HEAVY stuff with mine. The solid axle in rear though is better for pulling. Plus I love the fact that it's carb & not EFI. That saved me ALOT of time when I sunk 'er. She's still running strong though.

@ denim, the AQ should still put out more power than teh Sundown at relatively the same price. Right? Don't get me wrong though, we all know how amazing Sundown is. Would that extra power, make a large diff. in loudness?

Edited by kram3r

That is something only found out through testing.

Im a big land rover guy, and have a 93 range rover classic myself. The d2s are extremely nice, but just don't plan on lifting it :P

They have too much electrical to lift, and this series of disco land rover did away with diff lock and installed the fully functional traction control. So no lift kits :(

I don't want to sound rude or anything but everything you just said was wrong lol. I still have diff lock (center only, but that's what all LRs have regardless of the years), Hi & Low, and I can lift it with ease. The 2004 is actually the best Discovery II offroad wise.

Not the h-gear setup, and a stock classic can outwheel the d2.

I would know, we own 3 defender 110s, 2 range rover classics, and tons of series vehicles, and i have worked on plenty d1s, d2s. Im not too much of a fan of them.

And you lock the tcase, but not diffs. Its not a complete lock. In fact, I don't think it locks at all. I go offroading with the Virginia Land Rover Owners Club every year. And i am building the other classic right after im done with the current one.

ANd yes you can get lifts to just about how high you want them from various Rove dealers, just installing the lift is a major pain in the ass due to all the unneeded electrical.

Edited by Dutchie.

Im a big land rover guy, and have a 93 range rover classic myself. The d2s are extremely nice, but just don't plan on lifting it :P

They have too much electrical to lift, and this series of disco land rover did away with diff lock and installed the fully functional traction control. So no lift kits :(

I don't want to sound rude or anything but everything you just said was wrong lol. I still have diff lock (center only, but that's what all LRs have regardless of the years), Hi & Low, and I can lift it with ease. The 2004 is actually the best Discovery II offroad wise.

I would know, we own 3 defender 110s, 2 range rover classics, and tons of series vehicles, and i have worked on plenty d1s, d2s. Im not too much of a fan of them.

And you lock the tcase, but not diffs. Its not a complete lock. In fact, I don't think it locks at all. I go offroading with the Virginia Land Rover Owners Club every year. And i am building the other classic right after im done with the current one.

ANd yes you can get lifts to just about how high you want them from various Rove dealers, just installing the lift is a major pain in the ass due to all the unneeded electrical.

Oh, I never said that Classics weren't good. They are amazing off road and ride amazing while doing it. I just prefer the discos over the RR unless you bobtail them. Plus, it is VERY hard to find a good classic these days. I only found one w/ 60k miles & it was $16k. But to each his own...

Oh, I never said that Classics weren't good. They are amazing off road and ride amazing while doing it. I just prefer the discos over the RR unless you bobtail them. Plus, it is VERY hard to find a good classic these days. I only found one w/ 60k miles & it was $16k. But to each his own...

Aww you should have asked me, a guy in the club was sellin an 89 and another 92. I'll see whats goin on lol.

Can also get the p38 body style :)

Edited by Dutchie.