I put a 1608D in my Tahoe today pushing 1100W @ 2 Ohms. I also have a 300W 4ch. Even with the big 3 there is significant dimming. A Tahoe alt is probably 135A. The Hifonics amp has 2 70A fuses. Do the math!

Fusing doesn't mean anything. I can put a 500 amp fuse on my SAZ-3000D and is it going to magically put out 5,000 watts? No.

I put a 1608D in my Tahoe today pushing 1100W @ 2 Ohms. I also have a 300W 4ch. Even with the big 3 there is significant dimming. A Tahoe alt is probably 135A. The Hifonics amp has 2 70A fuses. Do the math!

I have never seen a Hifonics push the power is says it will. EVER

Duran is right, I could put any fusing on an amp, doesn't make it more or less powerful.

ok time for some math.

With PERFECT voltage, of 14.4 with NO dropping. at FULL power the amp will put out....

2x70=140

140x14.4=2,016 PEAK

With normal drop to 12.3

2x70=140

140x12.3=1,722 PEAK

Keep in mind this is FULL tilt, 100% THD, and FULL clip.

Edited by bassahaulic

so if i buy the Audioque i will be helping a chinese kid in make 10 cents lol

Nope! They get $0.25 :bigclap:

You are! Your self!

Great amp! Great CS!

I have never seen a Hifonics push the power is says it will. EVER

Duran is right, I could put any fusing on an amp, doesn't make it more or less powerful.

ok time for some math.

With PERFECT voltage, of 14.4 with NO dropping. at FULL power the amp will put out....

2x70=140

140x14.4=2,016 PEAK

With normal drop to 12.3

2x70=140

140x12.3=1,722 PEAK

Keep in mind this is FULL tilt, 100% THD, and FULL clip.

Do that with the AQ now. :rolleyes:

3x40=120

120x14.4= 1,728

3x40=120

120x12.3=1,476

It has a good bit of head room either way to get the 1,200 rms.

On a stock 2002 Chevy 1500 electrical, a 1200 only made it drop to 13.2.

3x40=120

120=13.2=1,584

Edited by bassahaulic

Do that with the AQ now. :rolleyes:

Very good point :)

Math done!!! lol go look

You are! Your self!

Great amp! Great CS!

Audioque cs is awsome. Not to mention the nice people at the dd warehouse. They even gave me directions lol.

1200 will push it just fine.

but when you can, you should double the power! lol

A good buddy of mine, n00btastic on here. Had 2800 rms on one LV4 18". Took it GREAT.

A good buddy of mine, n00btastic on here. Had 2800 rms on one LV4 18". Took it GREAT.

Wasn't that a lvl 4xl?

Dustin Knows wassup

DC F T M F W

btw to the OP i gave my lvl4 almost 3,000wrms before having mechanical issues

-Drew

Nevermind. That might not be a good idea for a daily setup.

Edited by Bobaflob

Yes!! Huge difference. DD is all American parts and assembled all in America. Except a few amps.

AQ is Chines parts, and mostly Chines assembled.

I couldve swore i saw somewhere that the aq amp's werent assembled in china, but i could be wrong.

Overal ive had a lil experience with an aq 2200. great amps especially for the price and they do rated power.

Box was choking the woofer. ;)

AQ and DD amps are made in Korea.

not everything made in china is bad and not everything made in america is better. it depends on the companies direction and plans for their products. plus, i really like to see how many of you have used hifonics to bash it as you do. i think its funny. i have had two hifonics amps and they both did their jobs without a problem. i think chit happens when people dont know what they are doing and abuse the amps. but whatever. its your money. now on the over-ratings of the brutus line, i don't know if thats true but i have never seen a bench test for those amps to know. someone should do that so we can really say "here look at this testing and it would show you...". okay im done. sleep time. :)

not everything made in china is bad and not everything made in america is better. it depends on the companies direction and plans for their products. plus, i really like to see how many of you have used hifonics to bash it as you do. i think its funny. i have had two hifonics amps and they both did their jobs without a problem. i think chit happens when people dont know what they are doing and abuse the amps. but whatever. its your money. now on the over-ratings of the brutus line, i don't know if thats true but i have never seen a bench test for those amps to know. someone should do that so we can really say "here look at this testing and it would show you...". okay im done. sleep time. :)

Someone did it over at ca.com..........or should say his friend showed him, but never had pic's to prove it, however he swears up and down it won't do rated power.....which he is probably right as I have heard from more than a few they are overrated.

Not sure on the RMS of a level4, but the amp in question would be fine for a sub 1300rms or so.

I ended up getting a 2608d Bxi Hifonics amp as I have had many other Maxxsonic products and all have suited me very well. I have had every line in the Autotek line and had a MB Quart amp do well too.

Never had one problem with getting loud or having a problem with one of their amps. Good budget amps that will get you loud for cheap as long as you know how to install..........as install is the key. :)

Edited by Bigbangtheory

I was always told America

O well lol :shrug:

I have tried using them, and disliked them, which is why I say what I say.

I have used 8 of their amps, speaking about Maxxsonics......which is Hifonics, Crunch, MBQuart, Autotek and all have done well as budget amps. The ground pounders from Crunch sell very well and no complaints.

Hifonics gets a bad rap due to them being overrated, which the newer line isn't. They actually do rated power. They took all the jazz out and replaced it with better internal parts.

I got the 08 one. :(

Good thing I stepped it up in power, lol!

Not sure what you ment about I always told you America.