Sign in to follow this  
gldnbuddy

Lethal Injections-What's wrong?

I installed 2-12" IA Lethal Injections (600W ea.) in a custom box, 4.25 cu.ft. @ 33Hz (plans from Fisher Customs). They're powered w/a Hifonics 1608D (1100W @ 2 Ohms). The coils are wired in parallel then the subs in series giving a load impedence of 1.7 Ohms. I set the gain w/a 45Hz tone to a 43v output. It sounds terrible! And not very loud. The Alpine PL5 (250W powered Lat sub) it replaced sounded better and louder. I am getting some significant dimming so there's a lot of current flow. Are the amp ratings possibly in peak pwr. giving only about 200W ea.? I thought they were rms, the manual doesn't specify. At lower volume (20/35 and below) the subs are almost non-existent.

All of the components are new. I also installed a 4ch. for the doors and it sounds great. What did I do wrong?

I installed 2-12" IA Lethal Injections (600W ea.) in a custom box, 4.25 cu.ft. @ 33Hz (plans from Fisher Customs). They're powered w/a Hifonics 1608D (1100W @ 2 Ohms). They are wired for a 2 Ohm load. I set the gain w/a 45Hz tone to a 43v output. It sounds terrible! When it hits it sounds like a rattle and the lows aren't there. And not very loud. The Alpine PL5 (250W powered Lat sub) it replaced sounded better and louder. I am getting some significant dimming so there's a lot of current flow. Are the amp ratings possibly in peak pwr. giving only about 200W ea.? I thought they were rms, the manual doesn't specify. At lower volume (20/35 and below) the subs are almost non-existent.

All of the components are new. I also installed a 4ch. for the doors and it sounds great. What's wrong?

I installed 2-12" IA Lethal Injections (600W ea.) in a custom box, 4.25 cu.ft. @ 33Hz (plans from Fisher Customs). They're powered w/a Hifonics 1608D (1100W @ 2 Ohms). They are wired for a 2 Ohm load. I set the gain w/a 45Hz tone to a 43v output. It sounds terrible! When it hits it sounds like a rattle and the lows aren't there. And not very loud. The Alpine PL5 (250W powered Lat sub) it replaced sounded better and louder. I am getting some significant dimming so there's a lot of current flow. Are the amp ratings possibly in peak pwr. giving only about 200W ea.? I thought they were rms, the manual doesn't specify. At lower volume (20/35 and below) the subs are almost non-existent.

All of the components are new. I also installed a 4ch. for the doors and it sounds great. What's wrong?

Double check your wiring. Almost sounds like something is wired out of phase! Those should slam.

And you tried to question me?

You now have me mad as hell. :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign:

Edited by bassahaulic

Whats your amp settings on?

You are a fail fool.

:worthless::banhim:

No worries!

But double check to make sure you don't have something wired out of phase.

check everything again. most problems are due to user error.

adjusting the phase knob will... :dancing::dancing:

Edited by diablo

....it sure isnt the subs its your installation ...and as the Subs r rated @ 600Wrms ...and on the Crapxonics they see ... each around 400Wrms <---but they should still slam ... just double---triple check everythin or your electrical just cant keep up .. :P;) ;)

Whats your amp settings on?

Adjusting the crossovers does not dramatically change the situation

Wrong.

Id still check

check everything again. most problems are due to user error.

All wiring checks out. I have 43v out with a 45hz tone. It acts like it's not getting much power. Also- when I plug in the bass knob the power light on the amp dims, what's up with that?

....it sure isnt the subs its your installation ...and as the Subs r rated @ 600Wrms ...and on the Crapxonics they see ... each around 400Wrms <---but they should still slam ... just double---triple check everythin or your electrical just cant keep up .. :P;) ;)

I'm thinking it's the electrical system. The battery is new and the big three is done but the alt is probably only 105a. I disconnected the 4ch and only had the subs runnin' and they're almost non existent the lows aren't there and when it hits it just rattles. I know I probably need a 200a alt but should it be that bad without it?

I'm thinking it's the electrical system. The battery is new and the big three is done but the alt is probably only 105a. I disconnected the 4ch and only had the subs runnin' and they're almost non existent the lows aren't there and when it hits it just rattles. I know I probably need a 200a alt but should it be that bad without it?

there is no reason why you would need a new alt on 1200 watts. I have a like 1-2 year old battery, an alternator thats been in the car since 95' I believe its only a 95 amp, and the big three done and i dont drop below 14 volts, no dimming at all. this happened to me when i had a pioneer premier rated at 1000rms. I had the setup running pretty good for a while until i took the sub out of the enclosure to fix something with it and I eneded up replacing the speaker wire, I most have wired it wrong and ended up burning a coil, causing extreme dimming.

adjusting the phase knob will... :dancing::dancing:

No effect! I did not ground the engine block to the chassis (So the big 2 are done). Will that make that much of a difference or is that just for noise reduction?

What coils do you have? D2? If so, you need to SERIES each sub individually, THEN Parallel to the amp to get your 2 ohm load.

series.jpg

Try this, and if it doesn't help, let me know so I can try to help further.

Thanks,

Josh