Here it is..... I have a Defeat ON/OFF switch. If I have the Defeat switch ON the nulls all my setting on the HU correct. I want to bea able to use my Draconia crossover points and play with my EQ on the HU. If I set my HU to Defeat OFF, and set the crossover HP crossover points lower than the settings on my amp and my LP point higher than what I'm running, can I take advantage of my crossover points on the amps and still be able to use my para EQ?

Example: HU crossover is set at 20hz HP and my amp is set at 60hz, do I get the 60hz crossover point?

Defeat on/off didn't make too much of a diffrence when I tried it on my 9813. Why do you want to run only the crossovers on the amp ?

Seems to me like making fine adjustments is going to be a pain in the behind (listen, move to amp, adjust, repeat).

I think that would work.

Can't you just turn the X-Overs off on the H/U? :captain:

Edited by bassahaulic

Using dual crossovers will give you some serious phasing woes. I'd just use the h/u's. Is there a reason you want to use the ones on the amp?

I have a bandpass mode on my mid-bass that I would like to keep. My mids are running a HP at 660hz and I have some tweets in the A-pillars that have a passive 5k crossover. I want to be able to adjust a bit. Thw amp is a Draconia. I will try both and see where it leads me.

So you are using a 2way+ headunit and the amp to do a 3way+? (+ = sub)

In this case, I'd use the portion of the amplifiers crossover for the drivers I have located next to each other and the headunit for the rest.

On a side, 660hz is a pretty high HP for a midrange. Personally in a 3 way I'd like to see as much of the acoustic spectrum coming out of that driver. 5k is pretty low on the tweeter for that reason as well.

What are your mounting locations and drivers?

So you are using a 2way+ headunit and the amp to do a 3way+? (+ = sub)

In this case, I'd use the portion of the amplifiers crossover for the drivers I have located next to each other and the headunit for the rest.

On a side, 660hz is a pretty high HP for a midrange. Personally in a 3 way I'd like to see as much of the acoustic spectrum coming out of that driver. 5k is pretty low on the tweeter for that reason as well.

What are your mounting locations and drivers?

Yes, I'm using the HU as a two way. I can switch the HU to do 3-way but not sure how I would incorperate a sub into the system with not enough RCA outs.

The 6.5 AA poly is in the stock door location with mid located just above that. The tweet is in the A-pillars. All in a 04' Sierra.

That headunit has a sub out, mid out, and tweeter out.

Send the tweeter out to your tweeter amp and t/a appropriately.

Send the mid out bandpassed to encompass the midbass and midrange.

- use the amplifier to HP the midrange and LP the midbass thus bandpassing both drivers. They can share t/a from the h/u

Use the sub output for the sub.

Personally if you have a midrange and the Poly, I would sell the Poly's and upgrade the midbass to a real dedicated midbass since it will only need to play from 40hz to 200hz or so.

Do you need to stay in a 7 or are you willing to go 8 :)

The Peerless SLS will be enough to make your doors unhappy :)