Sign in to follow this  
stylezzz8o8

help with choosing an amp!!!

i still got my fi bl 15" sitting in my room waiting to be installed into my 04 chevy colorado.

my box is 3.9 ft^3 tuned @ 32 hz.

i finally decided to go with sundown amps over rockford because i can get them cheaper. but i cant decide between the saz1500 or the sae1200. i can get the saz1500 $570 and the sae1200 for $350. i talked to jacob (sundown audio owner) and he said that the saz1500 is actually 1800 at 1 ohm and the sae1200 is actually 1500 at 1 ohm. will the bl be able to handle the saz1500? or should i just stick with the sae1200...plus its cheaper :). im actually leaning towards the saz1500 but im afraid that it will be too much for my bl since im gonna be playing it daily. my bl has cooling option, is daily, dual 2 wiring down to 1 ohm. any opinions or comments are appreciated

Im bout to start runnin a 18 BL on a 1500D. I've asked around alot and everyone said it should be fine.

Go with the 1500D :drink40:

Im bout to start runnin a 18 BL on a 1500D. I've asked around alot and everyone said it should be fine.

Go with the 1500D :drink40:

ok thanks. anyone else?

get the 1500 and if it's too much just keep the gains down, chances are if you buy the 1200 you will be dissappointed due to the fact it may not push it perfectly, not to say it wont make it move cause it will, but 1500 is a much better choice!

Actually the 1200D will be close to 1500 watts, so more then enough power.

yeah thats why i said "the sae1200 is actually 1500 at 1 ohm." but i cant decide if 1800 will be better cuz bl is actually 1500 rms

yeah thats why i said "the sae1200 is actually 1500 at 1 ohm." but i cant decide if 1800 will be better cuz bl is actually 1500 rms

Get the 1500, just set the gain right. And smell for stinky.

I'd buy the 1200 and save the money. Plus less chance for problems.

The BL is actually rated at 1000w. I would feel a little shaky about putting that PLUS 800w on it. I'd get the 1200 and get the BL fully loaded.

The BL is actually rated at 1000w. I would feel a little shaky about putting that PLUS 800w on it. I'd get the 1200 and get the BL fully loaded.

Getting it with the BP option adds some power handling right?

no its actually rated at 1500w. fi underrates it on the site. so im actually putting an extra 300 on it. the bl is in between the q and the btl (RMS ~1500)

Edited by stylezzz8o8

i have owned the bl's

go with the 1200d.. you will be perfectly happy. no doubt.

no its actually rated at 1500w. fi underrates it on the site. so im actually putting an extra 300 on it. the bl is in between the q and the btl (RMS ~1500)

If they publish the numbers on their site, don't you think it's what FI rates it as? Where did you get this "actually rated at 1500 watts?"

If they publish the numbers on their site, don't you think it's what FI wants it rated as? Where did you get this "actually rated at 1500 watts?"

If they publish the numbers on their site, don't you think it's what FI wants it rated as? Where did you get this "actually rated at 1500 watts?"

saz-1500d on 15 bl' is perfect

i got mine for 425 shipped

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Edited by BoomBoxB

no actually you are wrong. i got these numbers from nick (one of the people in charge over there)

i would get the 1500d. the only reason i would is because i would rather not push my amp to its limits every time i want to bump my subs. and if your tight on cash you might want to check out a qudioque