Sign in to follow this  
bassmaniac

what would you bang in your ride?

i know yall have heard me say i have 2 15" cvx's in sealed box which is about 5 cubic feet!!

i wanna show off at prom next weekend but i only have 1 fi q 15"right now, the other one i ordered about 3 days ago, so it will take like a week for the other one to come in....

right now i have the q in the box on my kicker zx 1000. however i still have the 2 cvx's handy, so should i just use those to show off and put my titanium 2400 amp back in to push them? or would yall just leave the Q in on the zx 1000?

to me the Q sounds alot better and picks up more frequencies but i'm still kinda breaking the sub in, i've probably played it for about 1 hour total!

if you were in my shoes what would you do? the q sounds good but the 2 cvx still hit harder, of course cause of the air they are pushing!

Personally, I'd rather bang my date for prom.

im only gonna say the cvx's cause then people will want to see/hear it again later, and when you have both Q's, it will sound soooo much better and be wayyy more impressive....especially for high school kids

are they gonna be sealed or ported?

Well if you want to look cool with a louder setup then go with the CVXs as you stated...

but I agree with topgun ;)

Well if you want to look cool with a louder setup then go with the CVXs as you stated...

thanks, yes i wil be getting the other Q when it comes in...and ditch the cvx's! ;)

yea that's kinda what i was thinking, but only cause i have 2 of the same subs v.s. only one different one....

thank's for your input

ha ha..yea but i have been with the same girl since my freshman year, lol..almost 4 years now! but yea i hear you :D:lol:

build a ported box for the q it will still sound great and be just as loud if not louder than the cvx's about 4-5c tuned to 32hz should be good

im only gonna say the cvx's cause then people will want to see/hear it again later, and when you have both Q's, it will sound soooo much better and be wayyy more impressive....especially for high school kids

are they gonna be sealed or ported?

sorry one of the quotes i sent mike was suppossed to be sent to you..lol but you know what i meant to send you!

build a ported box for the q it will still sound great and be just as loud if not louder than the cvx's about 4-5c tuned to 32hz should be good

ok i might just go to home depot to get the wood tomorrow and build one,thanks!

3/4 will be fine just brace it and you you wont have a problem possibly double baffle about 50 in of port for a 5c box if its a trunk car try not to block all the opening to the cabin with the box if firing towards the rear if you fire into the cabin sealing off the trunk will yeild the best results

x2

3/4 will be fine just brace it and you you wont have a problem possibly double baffle about 50 in of port for a 5c box if its a trunk car try not to block all the opening to the cabin with the box if firing towards the rear if you fire into the cabin sealing off the trunk will yeild the best results

alright bro sounds good, thanks for the help.