bassahaulic

Started thinking.......

Maybe I should run multiple smaller amps instead of 1 large amp.

So instead of a 3000, maybe 2 1500's. I am liking the idea of it, more wiring options.

What do yall think?

I'm just wondering what Cons their are beside more wire being needed.

i was in the same boat as you. i went with one SAZ-3500D. haha

Nice choice! :drink40:

I'm just torn between it.

haha i was too,but i figure less wiring i have to run, less settings i have to mess with, and is a little cheaper.

Edited by bread0710

takes more space. i think strapping loses a bit of effiency as well, but dont quote me on that one.

Only ganne need 4 of them. ;)

I may very well do 1500's

But will 2 1500's draw more current? Other way around? Same? I don't know, so if someone does, they should answer. :)

But will 2 1500's draw more current? Other way around? Same? I don't know, so if someone does, they should answer. :)

Not to worried about that.

Looks like there is no real reason not to do two 1500's instead of one 3000. :shrug:

There should be the same current draw between the two. One 3000 watt amp will draw the same power as two 1500 watt amps if efficiencies are the same. I don't know how you have more wiring options with two amps rather than one though? They'll still put out the same power either way unless you need a different impedance load, e.g.- one dual 2 sub to one 3000d or two dual 2 subs to one 1500d each.

There should be the same current draw between the two. One 3000 watt amp will draw the same power as two 1500 watt amps if efficiencies are the same. I don't know how you have more wiring options with two amps rather than one though? They'll still put out the same power either way unless you need a different impedance load, e.g.- one dual 2 sub to one 3000d or two dual 2 subs to one 1500d each.

That's what I thought, but I swear I read somewhere that one or the other pulled more current.

I am wondering what you think the Pro's are

More wiring options in the future, less stress on one amp, and I like it.

More wiring options in the future, less stress on one amp, and I like it.

Why wiring options?

Less stress doesn't make sense.

You can like what you like, I just don't see the Pro's. When in doubt using less amps is always a better idea.

The 3500d will simplify things and you have less to worry about but honestly if you want to use 1500Ds the output should be equal. 3500d is untested but estimated to do 3800 and 1500Ds do 1600-1700 a piece so there isn't really a clear winner. though the 3500d will be cheaper if you preorder it but then you gotta wait. Thats just my honest opinion hope it helps some.

Indeed... two 1500s is a bit stronger than one 3000D -- but the 3500D changes the game and is roughly as strong as two 1500s.