Sign in to follow this  
liljpw16

More information....

I think you guys at FI need more descriptive information on each speaker. On how each driver reacts to different enclosures and how each driver compares to another. If i was a new customer coming to your site i wouldnt know which woofer would suite my needs just with the information provided on the website. Im not trying to bash you guys in any way. Just more info would be good. Thanks

James

Atleast they give a description. Most companies just list T/S parameters and leave it at that.

:welcomeLW:

if u dont know what suites you .... ---> thats why we have FORUMs

ha

But as being a NEW customer who wants to go searching around when it can be efficiently taken care of via the website.

they give you evrything you need to know about each sub. if you cant use what they give to determine what you need you are probably the type of person who buys crap because they say it sounds great and shakes the earth and only costs $100 and has max power ratings of like a gazillion watts

they give you evrything you need to know about each sub. if you cant use what they give to determine what you need you are probably the type of person who buys crap because they say it sounds great and shakes the earth and only costs $100 and has max power ratings of like a gazillion watts

I have an FI SSD 15". Im a fan of FI. More comparable testing of the drivers is a must in my opionion. I need to know why im spending more money on a driver that has this " 11.25" high flux motor and 8 layer flat wind voice coil" and this "chamfered pole or patent pending heli-cool". IF i were a new customer i wouldnt know what that does or is.

That's why this is Fi's forum, people come on here for help all the time.

I have an FI SSD 15". Im a fan of FI. More comparable testing of the drivers is a must in my opionion. I need to know why im spending more money on a driver that has this " 11.25" high flux motor and 8 layer flat wind voice coil" and this "chamfered pole or patent pending heli-cool". IF i were a new customer i wouldnt know what that does or is.

fi is also not a company you find at your local bestbuy or walmart. its for more advanced audio enthusiast that do research on products before purchasing

It would be impossible to give a detailed description and comparison on ported and sealed... So many factors will come into play.. if you find a way to determine cabin gain, vehicle specific ergonomics, freq response in a vehicle, MUSIC played, volume level, wattage, and lets not forget to do sub up port up, sub up port back, sub up port left, sub up port right, sub forward port up, sub forward port forward, sub back port back etc etc and be able to put them down in ONE page let me know cause i could make millions...

fact remains that a ported single 12 in an SUV will NOT sound the same in a trunk car.. furthermore a box tuned at 40hz for rock may not sound good for rap... so now they gotta give a description of ported in an suv versus ported in a trunk car, then one for rock and one for rap... pfft

It's laid out for you on the website i don't know what more you want...

SSD

The SSD Series of subwoofers is our all around daily sub. Double stack magnets with a heavily bumped T-yoke allow clearance for high excursion. Along with pair of heavy weaved progressive spiders, a multiplayer foam surround attached to a fiber impregnated kraft pulp cone helps keep things under control in high power applications. A 3” 4 layer aluminum voice coil yields 21mm of Xmax while keeping moving mass low. Light weight and versatile, the SSD works in a variety of applications from incredibly detailed sound quality systems, to ground pounding multi sub monsters. The SSD is versatility redefined.

How much more can they turn this into baby food for NEW-B's ?? The first and last sentence coupled with the power handling sums the entire sub up... As a newb who has roughly 700ish watts that isn't competing and wants a sub he can do ported or sealed the description hits the nail on the head...

If you got that kinda wattage or less and love SQ this is the sub for you, got that much watts and want a nice low end daily pounder this si the sub for you, got more then 1K then look to the Q for SQ and the BL for Daily low-end..... Where is the confusion... ??

Q

The Q Series of subwoofers is our sound quality reference line. Featuring a hefty double stack motor structure with a heavily bumped t-yoke, the 27mm of Xmax allows for incredibly detailed, tight, and powerful bass.

Obviously this is their SQ (sound quality line)... If someone is looking for sound quality it's stated VERY clear this is the line for them.... Again how much more can they turn it into baby food to spoon feed new-bs

BL

The BL Series fills the gap between the all out SPL monster and a solid daily driver. Featuring a chamfered solid pole piece and standard double stack motor structure with 8.660" magnets as the foundation for a truly tough subwoofer, you can choose from a variety of options to custom tailor the sub for your exact application. With the addition of the hyper chamfer, or our patent pending heli-cooling channels along with the Daily option, you can bump up the subs thermal capacity for long term daily driving abuse. Looking for an ultra tough SPL sub? Choose the SPL option, the extreme lead wire, one of the 8 layer aluminum flatwind voicecoils, add power, and let it rip. With head cracking upper bass and brutal low end, the BL handles the extremes with ease.

Simply put it's the sub that fills the gap between the Q and BTL... If a newb has over 1K but under 2K and wants a daily driving sub in that power range this fits the bill... If they have the same power and want's to compete in SPL they can custom the sub for SPL it says it CLEARLY in the description... If you have more then 2K then obviously the BTL is for them..

BTL

The BTL Series does what others cant. It allows you to tailor your subwoofer for your exact extreme SPL needs. Starting with our standard 11.25" high flux motor and 8 layer flat wind voice coil, you can tweak things with a variety of options. Need more power handling? Add a chamfered pole or patent pending heli-cool. Need incredible Xmax to feed your 160dB at 20Hz obsession? Add our extended length coils (28mm of Xmax). With over dozens of different option combinations to choose from, we can build the exact sub you need to fuel your SPL fire.

Once again baby food for new-b's

now hes prolly really confused LOL

yups sometimes the MORE detailed something gets the MORE confusing it is... :fryingpan:

Sign in to follow this