Sign in to follow this  
soundmekanixdan

Assassin daily power handling

Just wondering what you guys are running to your assassins for daily. I know they are rated for 250rms but am wondering if anyone is running more than that to them.....if you are running more, how do the subs like it? thanks

Anybody could tell you that they have a 1000 watt amp on each sub but unless they have clamped the outputs (99.9% haven't) there's no way to know how much they actually have going to the sub. My suggestion would be to just buy an amp with more power than they are rated for and use as much as the subs can handle.

Anybody could tell you that they have a 1000 watt amp on each sub but unless they have clamped the outputs (99.9% haven't) there's no way to know how much they actually have going to the sub. My suggestion would be to just buy an amp with more power than they are rated for and use as much as the subs can handle.

Amps do not kill subs. people kill subs. I run 'bout 350 rms ea.(gen 1 ) daily to mine. If you are carful to avoid clipping, I think that 500 rms would work. But, like i said, be careful.

I ran mine at about 450-500rms each but due to a weak electrical system i think i began to send clipped power to the subs. Either that or it was just too much power because i burned my positive leads. But thats not a big deal, ha all you need is a razor blade, dremel tool, soldering iron, rubber cement, some lead, and a dust cap. It gets the job done.

The easiest thing to do is not put that much power to them. I learned the hard way, but i have yet to burn a coil so i'm doing alright! Maybe if i upgrade my electrical I won't have any more trouble.

I pulled them from my truck because i need to repair one of them. But i have Fi X's.. I don't think anything changed when they were rolled over to the ascendant assain series. So They should take 400 fine. Just listen to the subs when you adjust your gain and turn the volume down when a "louder" song is playing and you'll be fine.

A clipped signal contains more power than a clean signal. If the coil can handle the extra power, clipping is not going to hurt it.

A clipped signal contains more power than a clean signal. If the coil can handle the extra power, clipping is not going to hurt it.

So why do you think I'm blurning my leads? Because the coil has a higher tolerance than the leads?

This is one of my Fi X 12's that I've recently burnt the leads on, and I'm in the process of repairing it.

Photo0103.jpg

Photo0104.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0103.jpg

Photo0105.jpg

Its hard to see, but in the last pic i have the tensil leads unsoldered and the copper leads from the coil ready to be soldered to the new tensil leads.

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

i run 1200 watts rms daily to 4 of em, so thats 300 watts to each sub. had em like that for about 2 years now. they sound great

Sign in to follow this