tattooedkaos

Looking for solid amp for a good price!

Well I am trying to get a system back up and running, and am in need of an amp. I am looking for something that can do 1000-1200 watts rms at 1ohm stable, and have the unfortunately low budget of around $200 shipped :Doh:

I currently drive a 2005 Scion Xa. 160 amp H/O alternator. It has all knukonceptz speaker wire, rca's and distribution blocks. 0g big 3 upgrade and 0g power and ground wires. A Panasonic CQ-C7205U head unit. I run an Alpine PDX 100.4 for my infinity reference components in front and coaxials in the rear. 2 Elemental Designs 13Ov.2's dual 4 ohm subwoofers in a custom 2ft3 sealed enclosure. they are 600 watts rms each, and I have them wired to a 1ohm load. I have I don't know how many feet of edead v1se sound deadening in my car, from my firewall all the way to the back fenders I have 2 layers of 80 mil deadening, and then a whole gallon of the edead V3 liquid deadener.

I fully intend to upgrade my components and my subwoofers in the next 6-8 months, as well as heavily deaden my doors, hatch and ceiling. For now I am just looking for solid power and decent SQ to get me back bumping while I save for all the new things I need!

I appreciate any help and look forward to learning some new things here on SSA!

Edited by tattooedkaos

You might be able to find something used on the forums. Or you could get something like a Hifonics BXi1206. I ran one for a lil while at one ohm in my dd on two Type R 12's and it did fine.

Edited by indytrucks

email him, he has 6 opti's i think.. 1ks for your price range

http://www.db-r.com/

surf the forums, i'd hate for you to settle with just hifonics, great budget amps, but still.

i'm sure you will come across somethin.

i snagged a modded MTX 81001D for 200 bucks. does 2k@1ohm.

I have definitely been surfing the forums, trying to find something that would work for me. Im not sure what an opti is?

hmmm. I definitely have always tried to stay away from ;anzar, but I suppose that if it comes down to no other choice I might try one, lol

make a bid quick!!! this site is legit, got my last 2 amps off there

kicker 1000.1

make a bid quick!!! this site is legit, got my last 2 amps off there

kicker 1000.1

are those strapable?

and wouldnt that make it straped at 1 ohm for 2k rms?

Edited by rumproast789

idk if they are, you could just run them separate.. i dont understand the benefits of strapping amps.. im not sure if when u strap them (if u can) if it would be 2k at 1 ohm or 4 ohm...

check the manual on kicker.com for more info

edit... damn i wish i had money in the bank right now otherwise it would be mine!!

...i bet that amp goes for about 200-220 $$$

Edited by lithium

the ZX1000.1 not strappable.. they're selling b-stock amps and woofers-It's kickers outlet to get rid of their b-stock items.. I picked one up a couple weeks ago and it's stamped "built with remanufactured and refurbished parts" they're assembled in a different locations as well.. My amp worked for like 3 days then quit. Had to send it off to kicker to get it "refurbished" again.. You pay return shipping and a 15dollar fee for the 30 day warranty period.. I'd buy from somewhere else if I were You..

**I know my experience was bad and it doesn't mean they'll all be that way... just what happened to me on the last kicker amp I bought from there.

Audioque 1200D, 1 ohm stable, strappable (though theres been few guys whove had a few issues when strapping) but for $250 brand new shipped I dont think it can get much better, 2 year warrenty, and amazing service just like you would get with Sundown.

but for $250 brand new shipped I dont think it can get much better

You can get the same amp under a diffrent brand. And probably for less.

what would that same amp be under a different brand, im not having any luck and I cant come up with anymore cash then I already have, not for months with the way money is :suicide-santa:

Nothing wrong with the BXI line from Hifonics, especially if you get the 09 year as they supposedly do rater power now, even the older ones are a little off, but for the price point, they are nice.

Lanzar Opti line is very nice though. Would go that route if not the Hifonics.

It is looking like I am about to get a Memphis MCD-1000 for a really good price, so I think I have solved my amplifier problems, so thanks to all for your suggestions :fing34:

the ZX1000.1 not strappable.. they're selling b-stock amps and woofers-It's kickers outlet to get rid of their b-stock items.. I picked one up a couple weeks ago and it's stamped "built with remanufactured and refurbished parts" they're assembled in a different locations as well.. My amp worked for like 3 days then quit. Had to send it off to kicker to get it "refurbished" again.. You pay return shipping and a 15dollar fee for the 30 day warranty period.. I'd buy from somewhere else if I were You..

**I know my experience was bad and it doesn't mean they'll all be that way... just what happened to me on the last kicker amp I bought from there.

wow that sucks, i might take my business somewhere else next time. however my last 2 amps from ubid work fine. they were only a 100.2 and a 250.2, id say the price was worth a little gamble...