Sign in to follow this  
ludeman

First Time competing Scores!

Equipment used IA DeathRow 12 with 500 watts:

DB Drag 128.7

Bass Race 124.8

Not bad man, I would love to see what my setup can do, I have a Lethal Injection with a good 750rms.

Equipment used IA DeathRow 12 with 500 watts:

DB Drag 128.7

Bass Race 124.8

What car? What box?

'93 Prelude with a box built by FC 2.5 cubes at 32hz

yup moar power is needed, at first i thought me meant 187, but a Death Row. Its a 1000rms sub, and you only giving it half power, give it another 500 and that score should go up nicely.

I'm using my ole punch 5002 bridged at 4 ohm! Until I can get a IA 10.1

Maybe a 20.1 @ 1ohm, You shouldn't have any problems as long as you keep it clean, should move that score up nicely, just my sugg.

Maybe a 20.1 @ 1ohm, You shouldn't have any problems as long as you keep it clean, should move that score up nicely, just my sugg.

Thought about that and just set the gain to about 1300 watts!

New high set today 138db at 38hz, Bassrace was in the 120-129 but ran over in the eliminations!

First got more power, played the same 32hz from the first comp. Did a 134db and qulified. Listening to a Vet Ian Cutting "said that my note is to low" ran home burned a 38hz cd. Thank You!

Note is still to low. Read that you should use 8hz above box tuning? Don't know but will try next time!

Edited by ludeman

Read that you should use 8hz above box tuning? Don't know but will try next time!

Never heard that one. I do know that for max. SPL you should tune your box ~ 3 hertz below the resonant freq. of your car then burp at the enclosures tuned freq. Of course the best way is to test test test, cars have different peaks at different freq. and the only way to find the best for you is to test alot then test some more.

Edited by SPLScion

I think most people don't realize just how loud a given dB level is anyway. A system that might "only" hit 130 on the meter is still loud enough for daily listening that it'll shake you. So many people online talk about 145-150 as though that were baseline and if you're not hitting that you might as well pack up your shit and go home, but I doubt anyone would be willing to sit in a car hitting 130dB for more than a song or two, if that.

I think most people don't realize just how loud a given dB level is anyway. A system that might "only" hit 130 on the meter is still loud enough for daily listening that it'll shake you. So many people online talk about 145-150 as though that were baseline and if you're not hitting that you might as well pack up your shit and go home, but I doubt anyone would be willing to sit in a car hitting 130dB for more than a song or two, if that.

Actually my car plays music over 145 on a termlab and I listen to it at full tilt at all times (except when cops are around). Even better then that my 62 year old mother went for a ride with me yesterday to go out for dinner, and I had it on full blast for 2 hours. My subs started to cook so I had to give them a rest and she was all bummed out lol. She told me I need to step it up to XXX's to handle more abuse lol. It blew me away, of course this is the same woman that when I was in high school used to ask to switch cars for the day so she could pump some bass for the day. My set up back then was no joke either, had 2 15" SS SPL-160's in a 9 ft. cubed ported enclosure net w/ 4 ft. cubes of port powered by an Orion 2100 HCCA wired to half an ohm! She would drive around town with it on full blast.

I went to school about 45 mins away and some of my local friends would get mad at me saying I drove by and ignored them, little did they know it was my MOM!

FYI these days she does use hearing protection because it hurts her ears a bit, however I do not (yet)

Oh ya and I need to get louder, much louder.

I'm playing in the mid 130's which is cool for me, Maybe 3 min. at the most. Unless I'm showing off the equipment!

Edited by ludeman

hey man that score was official. he was up against some pretty serious single woofer setup but im very proud to say that the RIOT SQUAD has hit B-MORE watch out for us boys NOT toting DD we are coming. i cant believe i beat 4 dd 12's with 4 3512 to be exact with two dp 12's and 600w clamped on each amp 1200 wattts total fing05.giffing05.gif

hey man that score was official. he was up against some pretty serious single woofer setup but im very proud to say that the RIOT SQUAD has hit B-MORE watch out for us boys NOT toting DD we are coming. i cant believe i beat 4 dd 12's with 4 3512 to be exact with two dp 12's and 600w clamped on each amp 1200 wattts total fing05.giffing05.gif

this man has king kong in da trunk ..... proud of you man

I'm playing in the mid 130's which is cool for me, Maybe 3 min. at the most. Unless I'm showing off the equipment!

mad props to a single 1000 watt driver running off of a 3000 watt rms underated sundown amp .... come chill with us at the shop sometime

I wish I had remembered about this, I would have come down. :(

This is the 137.5 Run! Okay I got a little cocky with the time!

Camera man got to excited.

Edited by ludeman

The lude will be down for a few weeks!

1116090657a.jpg

1116090712a.jpg

Edited by ludeman

remember people, DbDrag is sealed too so those running in outlaw may typically see a 2-4db increase.

Also, SPLScion- when u said tune 3hz below car peak and burp at that note... that doesnt make any sense.

You should build the port to PEAK at the car's peak then play that note.

THE ONLY time you should intentionally "overtune" a box and play at box's tuning is if you are attempting to restrict the subs movement due to the monsterous amounts of power being supplied.