libertyreddevils

Slot or areo ports

I think it's all about what works for your vehicle. If you're really serious about SPL competition, you'll end up building quite a few boxes. A lot of competitors I've seen have run external aero ports.

I have seen people reporting gains when using flared ports instead of not flared.

The main problem with using aeros is when you need lots of port area. I need a 12 inch aero port and the only option is to diy the flares and find tubes that big.

Areo's have always been my fav to work with. Easier to retune later down the line. With a ported box you'll probably mess with the tuning to get it right, and with areo's it's easy. Its also easier than building a bunch of boxes. That's just my personal opinion.

Either can be extremely loud. Team Nemesis Steve is at 156+ no-wall with a slot port box... many folks didn't think that would happen.

I'd like to do a direct comparison one day with the same box design but I have not yet done so apples to apples.

It is my theory that for a slot port you can make up for the lack of smooth flow with a bit more area.

I have seen people reporting gains when using flared ports instead of not flared.

The main problem with using aeros is when you need lots of port area. I need a 12 inch aero port and the only option is to diy the flares and find tubes that big.

I'd read that aeros only need be about half the area of a slot, one of the big bonuses of them being you can build a smaller box for that reason.

Areo's have always been my fav to work with. Easier to retune later down the line. With a ported box you'll probably mess with the tuning to get it right, and with areo's it's easy. Its also easier than building a bunch of boxes. That's just my personal opinion.

agreed with this

alot more work to adjust a slot port box where as a exteranl aeroported box all u have to do is use duct tape on the ports & just unstick & stcik it back with different port lengths

also agree with another above post which said u will go through a few boxes (&other factors\settings too) to find that 'sweet spot' on a db meter

I would not say that half the port area is need with aeros than with a slot port.

x2, then everyone would be using aero ports so they could use that extra room for more box volume.

I would not say that half the port area is need with aeros than with a slot port.

x2, then everyone would be using aero ports so they could use that extra room for more box volume.

Why do you guys think that?