Sign in to follow this  
bbalguna

Electrical for a Sundown 2000d and sax 100.4

I know the amp has not been released yet.. But I have preordered the amp through a rep and is expected to come in the beginning of june. Any recomendations of electrical upgrades on my vehicle. batteries, wires, alternator, etc...I have a 2000 Honda passport lx. I will also be running a sax-100.4 also. I'm trying get everything as good as it could get so I can run the amps efficiently and get its full potential without blowing them.

run 16 volt for best output of both amps. ;)

Well first off,

You for sure need to do the big three and get a bigger battery under the hood..

Start off with that, Check your voltage with a DMM and if it is still dropping you should add another cell in the back or get a new alt.

Well first off,

You for sure need to do the big three and get a bigger battery under the hood..

Start off with that, Check your voltage with a DMM and if it is still dropping you should add another cell in the back or get a new alt.

Your voltage will almost always drop, unless you either....

1. Are producing more current then you are using.

2. You have a HUGE bank of batteries.

3. You are magic and make power out your ass

An amplifier has to pull power from somewhere so the more power you can give it the more output you will have(unless it a regulated amp) which is why a 16 volt system was suggested. Also just because you run a 16 volt system doesn't mean you will increase your efficiency as well. But if you do not go with 16v then I would say do the big 3, a rear battery and alternator upgrade and you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Just an FYI, I believe the ETA is end of June.

ALOHA,

SKY

End of June? that kinda sucks because i wanted to meter my system at the Progressive comp. oh well, theres always another one.

My plans on electrical changes that i want done in my car before any other installation : Big 3 with 0ga wire, (1)Kinetic 1400 or 1800 upfront, (2)Kinetic 1400 or (1) Kinetic 2400 in the back. I tried searching online for alternators, turns out not much/ if any manufacturers make high output alts for my honda passport. my stock size alt is 75amps.

anyone got any other information about electrical upgrades that i could do?

Contact MechMan about an alternator. They custom machine their own alts for various applications. They can get expensive though.

the 100.4 can not be ran at 16 volts. BTW

the 100.4 can not be ran at 16 volts. BTW

x2 Keep that one at 16.0v or under. You hit 16.1 and poof. A 16v system will go above that.

Sign in to follow this