suprefly

Finally got my system working!!

So first try at everything failed miserably.....my box sucked, my amp mysteriously blew fuses, etc. :(

But now! I built a new box for my AQ SDC2.5 12" sub.....around 2cuft net tuned to ~38Hz.......and got the sub put in and all ready to go.

Now, I was more than a little nervous hooking up my amp. I rechecked EVERYTHING to make sure all the wires were good, and i got some new RCAs (mainly cause i wanted to). Finally, it was time to hook up the power wire.....seriously, I was scared. But for no reason :D Hooked it up, and nothing blew!

Then i turned on my car, and the sub didn't play. I was like, "Of course..." but after double checking the gains, and adjusting the bass knob (which is really a gain knob on the AQs) I got it all working and...

HOLY CRAP!!!! I haven't owned anything that sounds that good! Haha unfortunately other cars will hear the bass too, so I'll have to watch the volume. I will NOT be that douchebag at the light making everyone listen to

his bass :angry22: Oh and I'm not sure I'm keeping the car which the only reason it isn't dampified yet.

Anyways, this was big deal for me so I thought I'd share it with you guys :)

Edited by FF5

Hey congrats man, enjoy it and be proud to rock what ya got

I say if your not in a neighborhood bump the bass, most people are use to it and the people that bitch about just dont understand. Although it is rather fun to make fun of gangsta people who drive around with all their windows so theres no way you cant hear everything lol.

I say if your not in a neighborhood bump the bass, most people are use to it and the people that bitch about just dont understand. Although it is rather fun to make fun of gangsta people who drive around with all their windows so theres no way you cant hear everything lol.

Haha i hate those people! And there's a LOT of them in ABQ (and probably everywhere else lol).

Haha i hate those people! And there's a LOT of them in ABQ (and probably everywhere else lol).

keeping the volume down tends to keep away the crooks aswell

congrats on getting everything working

PS: picture whores waiting!

I thought the bass boost knob on amps is a no-no because it usually results in a clipped signal. Is that really untrue for the AQ amps?

Congrats for you!!!! :woot:

I did TWO 3 second burps in my back yard the day i got my system in.......... within 30 minutes...... 2 cop cars, 3 cops, and 13 complaints came my way....... it was noon on a Tuesday.... I thought most people would be at work.

Hey congrats man, enjoy it and be proud to rock what ya got

In YOUR car, for YOUR ears. Not other peoples.

Let's try to act like we aren't compensating for a small penis.

Haha it's definitely for my ears :) I haven't gotten everything in permanently cause i'm going to make a 1/2" MDF false floor.

I know my neighbors pretty well and they know of my hobby lol. Everyone else in my neighborhood kinda keep to themselves....

I'll have pics up in a bit ;)

CopyofIMG_7948.jpg

Not sure if i want to carpet it or paint it.....and right now my amp is sitting on my folded down seat lol. I'm going to make and MDF shelf for it now that finals are over WOOHOO!!!

Edited by FF5

The bass boost is still a boost, not a gain.

Haha it's definitely for my ears :) I haven't gotten everything in permanently cause i'm going to make a 1/2" MDF false floor.

I know my neighbors pretty well and they know of my hobby lol. Everyone else in my neighborhood kinda keep to themselves....

I'll have pics up in a bit ;)

CopyofIMG_7948.jpg

Not sure if i want to carpet it or paint it.....and right now my amp is sitting on my folded down seat lol. I'm going to make and MDF shelf for it now that finals are over WOOHOO!!!

Smooth out the port. Be louder. :fing34:

Smooth it out? Like round the edges or what?

Yup. Helps a little, 45ing the angles can help to....... sometimes it doesn't.... :ehh:

Oh gotcha. Ya I routered the edges on the inside of the port and was just too excited to finish the rest yet lol ;)