AKMH

Second Skin damplifer pro behind drywall?

What is you put damplifer pro behind every wall in you house and made it leak proof? Sounds expensive but if you were able to pull it off wouldn't it make your house dead silent and possibly more fire resistant?

What is you put damplifer pro behind every wall in you house and made it leak proof? Sounds expensive but if you were able to pull it off wouldn't it make your house dead silent and possibly more fire resistant?

IDK, but i'm wishing I had some on my dry wall after getting my new sub stage :fing34:

they make a sound dampner drywall...

i know because my uncle was bulding a house, and we looked into it for his movie room.

you know insulation that goes in walls is meant to help with all the stuff you just asked?

also they have that sound room foam thats supposed to help a lot as well

Look into useing this. It is more cost effective for doing large rooms and make sure you use insulation in your walls. Do not over stuff!

you know insulation that goes in walls is meant to help with all the stuff you just asked?

also they have that sound room foam thats supposed to help a lot as well

Yea but heat insulation isnt exactly made for sound insulation. It would help better than nothing but not like true sound insulation would.

Yea that would be way more cost effective them $5000 worth of damplifier pro. I like that THX certified drywall. I would like some THX certified car insulation...

Yea that would be way more cost effective them $5000 worth of damplifier pro. I like that THX certified drywall. I would like some THX certified car insulation...

Damplifier would do pretty much nothing. It is a mass dampening layer NOT a sound barrier. There are plenty of actual barriers that can be used but butyl rubber isn't one of them.

I say use a foot or 2 thick of concrete, or maybe cinderblocks if you want to take the easy way out.

;)

I say use a foot or 2 thick of concrete, or maybe cinderblocks if you want to take the easy way out.

;)

:bigclap:

If youant to seal upo the drywall and the studs, use Spectrum instead of Damplifier Pro.

We are actually workingon a formula right now that is much more rubbery than regular spectrum. It is designed to go in btween 2 yaers of Drywall to creat a constrain layer drywall sandwich that will kill the transmission of noise from one room to the next.

Keep an eye out for it

Damplifier would do pretty much nothing. It is a mass dampening layer NOT a sound barrier. There are plenty of actual barriers that can be used but butyl rubber isn't one of them.

Dmaplifier is not a mass damper. No such thing

Damplifier Pro is a constraint layer damper. Mass has nothing to do with how it performs.

Mass loaders are product like Luxury Liner Pro.

ANT

Dmaplifier is not a mass damper. No such thing

Damplifier Pro is a constraint layer damper. Mass has nothing to do with how it performs.

Mass loaders are product like Luxury Liner Pro.

ANT

Not true, mass will ALWAYS affect the natural frequency and other modes of anything.

You mean constrained btw. Perhaps you'd like to explain how thickness makes a difference but it has nothing to do with mass.