Dangerous10k

Super Loud Front Stages

I'm putting soundstream in next weekend,I have a 7 Band Parametric EQ I'm puttin in next weekend, and a Kinetik 1800. I never mentioned anything about sound quality in this thread,I realize I just want loud that doesn't sound like garbage,Maybe I gave the thread the wrong title, I should have said door speakers and rear deck because I run 4s speakers, earlier in the thread someone else said I should have gotten sound quality subs, I just stated that Fi Q's are clean sounding subs. maybe you're speaking of a different thread. To the person earlier, I have dynamat extreme, in the doors, floor, roof and trunk. I probally will be adding another layer in the future. The Q's sound fine to me I don't want bass any louder than it is.

Edited by Dangerous10k

I did not see that you have those Infiniity speakers. This may be a big part of your problem!

With all the deadening work you made, you're still not happy!

Try a true and GOOD set of speakers front, and you will see!

Alpine type X, Focal KP or K2P, and so, the choice is yours.

I'll have to wait and see, when I put this new amp in I'm sure it will sound alot better because my 4 ch that is in there currently is garbage. But I have infinity speakers in my room and I think they sound great, maybe it's because it's a ported bookshelf at 8 ohms but they sound great, and my receiver puts out 110watts rms x 7 and it gets crazy loud and totally drowns out my 350 watt rms 12" Klipsch sub at high volume. Basically I just would like my car to sound like my room

you are going to need a lot of speakers to be able to drown out 2 15" Q's that are right behind your head. Your best bet is probably to get one or two component sets that can handle a bit of power, give all the power they need, and then turn your subs down to match them

Then we decided to get rid of all the gimmicks I hated

Edited by jw 2 + 2

Second (or third) the Horn setup idea.

I have installed some Image Dynamics horns in my girlfriend's car (lower end CD1e v.3 sensitivity around 107dB 1w/1m) and it is so loud.

The best thing about horns is that they are designed with SQ principles in mind first.

I'm sending mine around 20rms - mids are getting 90rms

Just so you know, I don't have much install skills but I managed to pull it off:

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=3659

The higher end model has a sensitivity of 110dB 1w/1m, which means that with 20rms, it will be twice as loud as my system... The Ultra's (higher end model) rms rating is 100 watts.

Hope that helps,

Kelvin

If you want deafening loud (literally) horns are pretty much the way to go. Please don't go buy bullet tweeters and pretend you are from Florida though.

what's wrong with bullet tweeters?

If you want deafening loud (literally) horns are pretty much the way to go. Please don't go buy bullet tweeters and pretend you are from Florida though.

what's wrong with bullet tweeters?

LOL, your ears should tell you.

i have a pair of bullet tweeters in my car right now, and they're not that harsh. they're only seeing about 35 watts tho......

"not that harsh" I feel sorry for your ears.