deevstroyer

Btl 18 fully loaded amp?

Hey guys, i just got my new fully loaded btl. I really dont have a clue on what amp i should run it with, the only thing i can think of is the hifonics colossus, but i'm not sure if it would be over powerd or not. Tell me what you think and if there are any other amps you think would bump but arent that pricey then tell me! Thanks guys!

How much are you wanting to spend?

Well not over 1000 but anywhere around 500ish, just need to find an amp that will power this beast.

You can get a crunch 3000dpro for under 500 new. Pushes the btl pretty well.

I want the most out of this sub and want something with more power then that. Im going to run the amp at 2 ohms, do you guys think that 3200 watts will over power this beast?

Sundown 3500D on presale in the ssa shop? 850 shipped

Sundown 3500D on presale in the ssa shop? 850 shipped

Oh yeah I second that! 3800 watts RMS :D With the electrical system to support it of course.

get the sundown 3500 and be sure to put some vids up. Im interested to see how you like it running @ 2 ohms. Most everyone else on here will probably be running it @ 1 ohm or less

dual 2 or dual 1

dual 1, but i seen that amp in the shop and thats badass! for presale though? does that mean there not out yet? :S thanks

dual 1, but i seen that amp in the shop and thats badass! for presale though? does that mean there not out yet? :S thanks

They're not out yet, but as soon as they are released(which shouldnt be long) it will be shipped to you immediately. And it will be worth the wait.

With a D1 sub youll only be able to wire it at 2ohms. So you wont get 3500,

but since its underrated youll probably get close to 2000 or even more with it wired to 2ohms.(with proper electrical)

Yah, i'm really curious about what the sundown runs at 2 ohms, but do you guy have any comments on the kicker zx2500.1 or the hifonics xxv colossus. I have also seen some brands like kole audio, spl, Power Acoustik... Are these just junk or what?? cuz there a really resonable price and claim to run around 2500rms at 2ohm. What do you think about those brands??

why didn't you buy a d2? you could do something like a saz3000d at .5ohm if you really wanted to...but youll need a stout electrical

Yah, i'm really curious about what the sundown runs at 2 ohms, but do you guy have any comments on the kicker zx2500.1 or the hifonics xxv colossus. I have also seen some brands like kole audio, spl, Power Acoustik... Are these just junk or what?? cuz there a really resonable price and claim to run around 2500rms at 2ohm. What do you think about those brands??

Kickers are great amps, the red indicates amps I would probably never, ever, ever put my hands on, let alone in my car.

Hey deevstroyer, i have a SPL 5500D in my car. I would not call these amplifiers junk by any means. Now keep in mind that they are way overrated. Like my amp says it will do 3200 watts rms @ 1 ohm, but i have found it to be more like 2000 watts rms. But when you look at i only paid just over 300 dollars for it, its a great deal. 300 dollars for 2000 watts rms is hard to find anywhere else, and these amps sound clean, push hard, and i run mine at .7 ohms and it never gets that hot or cuts off. You could get two of these amps to run on your dual 1 ohm sub and i promise you wont be disappointed.

I've been looking at a Soundstream Picasso PCX 2000D, 2000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, but you have a dual 1 ohm sub, so thats not really an option. the RMS power at 2 ohms drops back to 1500 watts, but you need more than that, so there is the Soundstream XXX-6500D, gives 3300 watts RMS at 2 ohms. (coils wired in series will work i guess, but you might lose some power)

the problem is, i cant find how much they cost :P

but theyre still good amps

Nice guys, thanks, yah noidlei would get the xxx-6500 its just a bit out of my price range though :( but ive been really taking intrest in the kicker zx 2500, still a hard decision to make though, need some more input though as i want to feed my baby with enough power. Like what is the max watts a daily btl should take?

strapp a pair of saz1500 2ohm your looking at 3k+ ut would be a great option and not cost a ton

strapp a pair of saz1500 2ohm your looking at 3k+ ut would be a great option and not cost a ton

probably one of the better suggestions yet, but upgrade the elec. system. these kinds of systems just arent cheap no matter how you go about it, you're gonna spend some cash

yea i say go with the 2 1500d's. you can go to db-r and get refurbished ones for 322. i got one back in december and its a beast.

Alright guys! found a really good deal and i got this amp for real cheap, curious on how you guys think i should wire it, its a MA Audio HK802SX and its rated at ...

2 x 500W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo

2 x 800W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo

2 x 1400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo

2 x 2200W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo

1 x 4400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged

should i go with just one channel, wire it in series at 2ohms, or can i wire it parallely with each (1ohm) coil having its own chanel??

what do you mean, wiring them in parallel so they each get their own channel? if each coil gets its own channel, based upon the amp's specs, they will receive 1400 watts each. they dont need to be wired any special way, just plug one coil into one channel, the other into the second channel.

if you wire them in series, and get 2 ohms, running that off a 1 ohm channel will be more impedance than the amp can effectively handle bridged like that. most amps can handle larger impedances than the optimum impedance rating, but you had better check to see if yours can, cos otherwise you could do some damage. if it can, then the power rating is effectively halved, because you have doubled the impedance, i think...... :glare:

if that is the case, then it will be getting 2200 watts, which is good power for the BTL.

im going for a Bass Inferno BI2500DX, 2500 watts at 2 ohms. i would have suggested it if you hadn't already got an amp ;) either that or an Orion HCCA-25001, 2500 watts at 1 ohm. the Bass Inferno is cheaper tho. if you ever need an extra amp and cant get the one you already have for a bargain again, i'd look into those, they seem good.