1nigger

1990 crx i need help

i just bought a 1990 crx and i have 2 audiopipe txx's they are crap but work for now

i just need some help with the box should i have

port back subs firing up ?

subs firing back and port back?

or any ideas?

ive gutted the interior in the back i want to fiberglass it all

IIRC subs up and ports back is the basic CRX style. That doesn't mean it's the best (always best to experiment and the only real way to find out).

Id try subs up, port back

i just bought a 1990 crx and i have 2 audiopipe txx's they are crap but work for now

i just need some help with the box should i have

port back subs firing up ?

subs firing back and port back?

or any ideas?

ive gutted the interior in the back i want to fiberglass it all

as in fiberglass do you mean the box itself or the rear of the whole car.. i would just sound deadend it the most i could and try subs up port back...

from what i know best in the lanes setups tend to be sub forward port back in a sonotube style box not sure how it does daily though.

well I have a box ill post pics later

Subwoofers up ports to the back. Try to use areoport an the numbers for the crx box are 29x29x15 with 4 4" port. That box works good with two 15s, two 12s, an 4 10s. That is just one box that work good ( 140s ez with the power) Good luck hope I help you. God loves Bass an us.

Subwoofers up ports to the back. Try to use areoport an the numbers for the crx box are 29x29x15 with 4 4" port. That box works good with two 15s, two 12s, an 4 10s. That is just one box that work good ( 140s ez with the power) Good luck hope I help you. God loves Bass an us.

I would think that 2 15's would need a considerably different box than 2 12's. plus if you are giving out box dimensions, you should probably include port length and/or tuning

considering it's an spl box all normal guidelines go out the window. optimal box volume doesn't mean jack to most spl freaks.

th_untitled.jpg

this is how i have the subs in the back of the car right now

im trying to figure photobucket out sorry if the pic isnt working

keep the ports rear firing, the subs firing up, to the side or forward are all within tenths of each other. genrally forward is the loudest,

Those are some fun subs until you shear the motor off! :D

from what i know best in the lanes setups tend to be sub forward port back in a sonotube style box not sure how it does daily though.

I know a couple CRX'ers around my area and they all went from the traditional CRX box to the sonotube style and all of them got louder.

Search out "The Scraper", that is Terry. He is pretty much the best at CRX boxes in street classes.

I would think that 2 15's would need a considerably different box than 2 12's. plus if you are giving out box dimensions, you should probably include port length and/or tuning

4" Aeroports 12" long or precision ports

nope in MO

but good news im saving for a xcon

do i have enough room for a 15?

You can easily fir a 15" in a CRX.............the sonotubes are USUALLY louder, but the tradition is subs up, port back as already stated.

J

alright thanks godsmack i think i might be getting a btl 12 i found one reconed for $250