Sign in to follow this  
ShaneSauce

Tell me what you think

New setup coming soon, here is my current setup.

Fi SSD 15 in 3.5cuft @ 33hz

Kicker zx750.1 on the sub (4 gauge power, 12 gauge sub wire)

Kenwood coax 4's in the front & coax 6 1/2" on the back stage (both running on deck power)

New setup

Fully loaded BTL 15 in 4cuft @ 30hz

Sundown 3k @ 1ohm on the BTL (Big 3 upgrade, 0 gauge power, 8 gauge speaker wire)

Some loud components in the front, idk what to put in the back

Sundown 100.4 for the components and the back (4 gauge power, 16 gauge speaker wire)

50-100sqft sound deadening

kinetik 1600

superglue for my rearview mirror

You need to not amp the rear speakers.

With that much sub stage, find a set of components that can take the sundown 100.4 in bridged mode at 320wx2. One set that comes to mind is the high end JBL series. They can take upwards of around 500w i believe.

Also, that battery is not really recommended for that kind of amp.

If you do not have a high output alt, then u will need a HC2400. The HC1600 will dip voltage a lot quicker using stock alternator.

Also, if u still have voltage issues with the HC2400, then u need a high output alt, not another battery.

This battery i suggested is an addon next to your amps, not a replacement battery.

And when connecting your components, do NOT use 16awg, use 12awg, especially for what i suggested.

How about a sundown 125.2 for the front stage?

And 12 gauge will be used.

I understand if my voltage drops near 11 or low 12's I need a alternator with a higher output.

I will go with the 2400 and see where it goes from there.

I don't know what to do about my backstage, if I take out those speakers there will be 2 big holes on my back deck, so I will have to figure something out there.

well thats fine.

You wont hear the rear speakers when u r driving so unless it's for the people in the back... you dont even need rear speakers hooked up to the head unit either.

Yea that's probably what I'm going to end up doing.

I'm adding this all up and its coming out to around $2,000

Do you guys think its worth it? lol

I'm only 16 and I'm gonna be working all day everyday during the summer to pay for this, haha

Edited by ShaneSauce

I'll put it this way-

There are options to go with cheaper equipment and still yield close to if not the same output...

but, if you stay with what u want now, the resale value will always be higher than the cheaper priced equipment so when u go to sell it later in the future, you can always upgrade to something better, just like a car.

Well, for subs in that power range-

BTL

AQ HDC3 Aluminum coiled

DC Lvl4 XLs or Lvl5s

Omega

These subs may not all sound alike, but they can all get extremely loud for the money.

Amps-

Saz-3000d

AQ3500d

Hifonics Colossus

Kicker 2500.1

Massive audio 3000.1

Batts-

HC2400

Deka Intimidator

Those are examples, but like i said before, if u like to upgrade in the future, it's best to start with nice equipment because u will be able to get higher end equipment more quickly in the future.

Ooh Ooh Shizzon will sell you some stuff ;)

Seriously though, he will. Go check out what he has for sale.

But those all seem to be around the same price there isn't a huge difference in any of them.

Maybe if I can sell of my current system for like 500 I can get my new system a little quicker.

Well the deka intimidator is under $180 shipped and is perfect for a daily driver. This is not from experience but i dont think they'd do too well for competition but for daily driving, they are awesome.

The kicker can be had for under $600 shipped.

The AQ HDCs can be had used, the aluminums for around $300 shipped.

I know if u get a fully loaded BTL, it's around $500 i think.

But those are options scattered everywhere now, lol.

Looking into the deka, I'm not sure where I would get a zx2500 for $600

And the HDC3's are only rated for 1k continuous power.

get something with less power! You can find good sounding products at the SSAShop.

Maybe you can step down from the BTL to a ??? BL or Icon, or whatever is cheaper than the BTL!

FIRST : You'd better buy some good component speakers : Kenwood coax , noooooooooooo!!!Run them with a Sundomn 100.2 for example (look for them, used, at db-r).

Why don't you keep your 750.1, for the moment? You will upgrade it later if you need to.

Just my 02cts!

Looking into the deka, I'm not sure where I would get a zx2500 for $600

And the HDC3's are only rated for 1k continuous power.

dont let that foold you....i finally got to hear some 15" HDC3's, very close to comparison as to how loud they were to btls and at half the price, its not a bad choice whatsoever. box was tuned around 38hz.

I'd personally hold out for a little bit. Believe me... every system I got was going to be my "last and perfect" system. Well I end up changing every few months...

I'd say: save up your money throughout the summer, and then decide... I mean not to be a parent, but patience is always a good virtue.

I'd personally hold out for a little bit. Believe me... every system I got was going to be my "last and perfect" system. Well I end up changing every few months...

I'd say: save up your money throughout the summer, and then decide... I mean not to be a parent, but patience is always a good virtue.

True words of wisdom....

I saved for my install for a little over 2 years..(almost 3) LOL

Then cried when 6grand was gone from my bank account...

But, I was like a kid a Christmas when the UPS man showed up!!!