SpeakerBoy

My trash system. Really in need of improvement!

This is my home stereo. It is a sorry jumble of car audio equipment. Feel free to comment, good or bad, within reason. Remember, i am looking for feedback on how to improve, without spending too much.

P5182728.jpg

The Whole Shebang

P5182729.jpg

Top View

P5182730.jpg

My Mids

P5182731.jpg

P5182732.jpg

My Power Supply

P5182734.jpg

P5182733.jpg

My Headunit

P5182735.jpg

Amp Controls

P5182736.jpg

Amp Number Thingy

P5182737.jpg

Amp Brand

P5182739.jpg

Back of woofer.

I didn't feel like unscrewing it, but here is a picture of the setup the sub was purchased with. Exact same woofer, but i sold that other one to a friend.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/millionbuy_2051_58365261

For the amount i paid for the system, brand new, ($110, w/ shipping) it was pretty straight. l liked it, but I needed a few parts for my computer so i sold one woofer, the box, and the amp to friend. now i have it in a cut-in-half middle ported box. I am ashamed of it, so I didnt take any pics. I have to put it on the floor, to keep it a port, instead of a hole in the box. it sounds decent, peaks around 40ish. i guess its better than nothing. One thing i did not get a picture of, is the battery. i have an Interstate 1000 CCA battery inside the box. Dad wont let me keep it outside, because of the possibility of an acid leak. :shrug: The power supply runs too the battery, then to the amp, then another run from the battery to the HU. Thanks for any positive feedback!!

-Chris

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Speakers on the window sill, hehe. You may want to separate them so that you get the stereo effect.

Speakers on the window sill, hehe. You may want to separate them so that you get the stereo effect.

can't place them anywhere else as of now, dumb CRT monitor doesn't like magnets. getting an lcd in a few weeks. as of now however, i have those as the right channel, balanced with another shielded speaker to my left. sounds better than i would have expected, but yes having a matched pair would be better.

Doesn't seem to bad if you only build a nice rack or some boxes to clean it up a little and hide the wires, I admire you doing a car set up in a house though (no sarcasm intended) I kinda wanted to try this myself!

Doesn't seem to bad if you only build a nice rack or some boxes to clean it up a little and hide the wires, I admire you doing a car set up in a house though (no sarcasm intended) I kinda wanted to try this myself!

Yeah i reallllly need to clean it up.

Doing the car thing inside isn't that bad, just decide where you are gonna get your power from. I have a dc charger and an actual car battery. that makes it easy to use car stuff through and through. i wanted to get a plate amp, but i have had a one or two, and they really didnt impress me. too easily clipped. i actually have a RF punch 200.2 (real lucky, picked it up for $60) but my friend is using it to power his 2 L5 12's. I liked that more, but for some reason his amp (the one pictured above) goes into protect in his car but nowhere else. And i Owed him a favor. Poor boy doesnt believe me that sundown is better than any of his measly brands. plus, now he has an RF fetish from the 200.2

I have a quick question those of you who are good at math. a box tuned to 28hz, after port displacment, that is around 1.5-2cuft and for one 12, what about, would be the dimensions? i really need to put this in a real box. the ragged port thing sounds, suprisingly halfway decent, which is motivation enough to build a proper box. (leave woofer displacement out...really small back end :shrug: ) let me know if you need more info.

Bump.

A cheap way to possibly make it sound better is to build a box for those two mids. I'd build a little rack to put your HU in and your amp. A little dress up will go a LONG way.

....AAAaaaaah that's different.

It has a bit of the train wreck appeal. You may not be aware, but what your doing is quite dangerous. Good luck.

i guess its better than nothing.

That would be a big negative sir. Nothing would be better.

....AAAaaaaah that's different.

It has a bit of the train wreck appeal. You may not be aware, but what your doing is quite dangerous. Good luck.

Not to sound clueless, but if i have everything double-taped with electrical tape, whats the harm? I am very careful operating it. Just curious as to if you see something I don't.

you should see the setup i got now...i need those bose speakers back too.

and shawn told me to grab that rockford amp cuz he wants all his shit in one place. and just cuz these things need more power.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

you should see the setup i got now...i need those bose speakers back too.

and shawn told me to grab that rockford amp cuz he wants all his shit in one place. and just cuz these things need more power.

You can grab dese nuts! :squintfinger: Besides, i don't even have the RF at the moment.

what nutz bitch...and get it back from whoever has it.

thats why he wants me to keep it cuz ur dumbass tends to "lend" shit out to ppl and you dont see it agian for a year.

what nutz bitch...and get it back from whoever has it.

thats why he wants me to keep it cuz ur dumbass tends to "lend" shit out to ppl and you dont see it agian for a year.

I don't believe you. Plain and simple.

This Thread isn't going anywhere. Someone please close it.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

whats not to believe...i was with him whe he got the type r's i took the pioneers and he told me to grab the RF and my battery from him...

oh and if those are 6.5's i got 2 boxes for 6.5's sittin in my room u could use

and a 12" ported box...tuned low 30's...32-33

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

oh and if those are 6.5's i got 2 boxes for 6.5's sittin in my room u could use

and a 12" ported box...tuned low 30's...32-33

I am actually planning on building my own box for the 12. ~28hz

If you really need the RF talk to Eric. He doesnt want to give it up though. Plus, i need his amp to power the 12. I would really appreciate the 6.5" boxes.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

eric who?? family man.

and i dont care either way, its not his amp.

the Ultra-Linear amp. the RF is literally mine. i paid the 60 bucks for it in shaumburg. i am letting family man use it til he gets one of his own. in the meantime i am using the Ultra-Linear. just be patient.

Your battery is inside the sub box right?

Yes i have an Interstate 1000cca battery eating up space in the sub box.

I really hate to burst your bubble but your set up will fail at some point, and I really just hop no one gets hurt. I'm not going to tell you not to do it, but you would have much better and much safer results if you used home audio equipment for inside your house.

i think it would be better to sell all that junk, run down to walmart and buy yourself a $50 boom box. 12v audio belongs in a car, boat or plane imo.