jumpinbean23

budget sub ideas

So I got laid off and decided to do a very budget center console sub build for my dodge ram qc.

Just looking for opinions, good or bad on the following

Phoenix gold rsd

memphis pr

jbl gt5

alpine type s

Also open to suggestions in the $50 - $100/sub range. This is kind of a challenge to see what I can come up with on limited funds, not expecting any miracles. Haven't decided single or multiple sub set up yet, I am sure single would be the popular vote, though not as fun :D I listen to mostly hip hop, so ported is preferred, but not that big of a deal. The amp will be bought after subs are selected.

Any other info needed let me know

Thanks for reading

Chad

why would u be worried about a system when u dont have a job.... unless u have a nice amount of money saved to tap into

Considering you aren't working I wouldn't buy anything new since if you need money you would then have to sell it at a loss. Find some used bargain and go for it. Or be smart and just save all your money until you are employed again

I've had memphis pr 12's in a very small enclosure and the output was still great. I'm sure if I had them in a bigger enclosure they would have been better. I vote Memphis Pr's.Or wait and save up for some SSA Dcon's or Icons.

Edited by tech2332

i still get unemployment and sub pay if ur really that interested
Man buy you a sub if you what to it is your money.

So I got laid off and decided to do a very budget center console sub build for my dodge ram qc.

Just looking for opinions, good or bad on the following

Phoenix gold rsd

memphis pr

jbl gt5

alpine type s

Also open to suggestions in the $50 - $100/sub range. This is kind of a challenge to see what I can come up with on limited funds, not expecting any miracles. Haven't decided single or multiple sub set up yet, I am sure single would be the popular vote, though not as fun :D I listen to mostly hip hop, so ported is preferred, but not that big of a deal. The amp will be bought after subs are selected.

Any other info needed let me know

Thanks for reading

Chad

American Bass DX subs work good with low power.

i would say PG ....owned a RSD12 ... sounded great on 800W ....