rushnrun

Rushnrun's Dodge Ram 1500 install

on the bright side..... Now the truck HAS to sit... so I might as well work on it :)

what year is that?

how did you get the wire through the rubber boot?

on the bright side..... Now the truck HAS to sit... so I might as well work on it :)

what year is that?

it's a 96... and which boot???? mine has a big 3-4" boot right through the fire wall.. cut a little x in it and call it a day :D

I removed the boot for now, I won't be running one run of 1/0 for very long (possibly... soon to be multiple of a larger gauge :) )

what year is that?

it's a 96... and which boot???? mine has a big 3-4" boot right through the fire wall.. cut a little x in it and call it a day :D

I removed the boot for now, I won't be running one run of 1/0 for very long (possibly... soon to be multiple of a larger gauge :) )

I am talking about between the doors, I've already got 1/0 into the truck. This is my second older Dodge, I had a 97 before it.

What motor and packages?

I am talking about between the doors, I've already got 1/0 into the truck. This is my second older Dodge, I had a 97 before it.

What motor and packages?

mine's a 5.9L 2wd club cab (rear has no doors) It's just the Lariet (*sp)

so I guess I still don't know what you're talking about between the doors? I assume you're talking about your rear doors?? My wire runs went real easy so?... if your's has rear doors the whole rear compartment is probably a little different (the seat mounts and such)

I'm gonna do some testing today with my single QC 12 to find the sweet spot. My 10 that I normally use to test with is bottoming out so guess it's seen too much high-power testing (i've had it hooked to 5-6k on several occasions) :)

What motor and packages?

mine's a 5.9L 2wd club cab (rear has no doors) It's just the Lariet (*sp)

so I guess I still don't know what you're talking about between the doors? I assume you're talking about your rear doors?? My wire runs went real easy so?... if your's has rear doors the whole rear compartment is probably a little different (the seat mounts and such)

I'm gonna do some testing today with my single QC 12 to find the sweet spot. My 10 that I normally use to test with is bottoming out so guess it's seen too much high-power testing (i've had it hooked to 5-6k on several occasions) :)

I'll take come pictures today and show you, I only have 2 doors as well.

I have a 1996 5.9L 2wd Club Cab "Sport" SLT ....... peaks 50Hz+

I had a 1997 5.2L 2wd Club Cab "Sport" ........ peaked at 43Hz

l_8d7e1e98d18f4272ba9d215b01177783.jpg

testing today with my single QC 12 to find the sweet spot. My 10 that I normally use to test with is bottoming out so guess it's seen too much high-power testing (i've had it hooked to 5-6k on several occasions) :)

I'll take come pictures today and show you, I only have 2 doors as well.

Oh, are you talking about the speaker wire?? I automatically assumed you were talking about the power.

You have to pull the boot loose from both the door and the frame. I held the boot as tight as I could with my left hand and fed the wire through with my right. It's a bit of a pain but I got it done. **don't tape the wires that are going through the boot.. the tape sticks to the boot and is a huge pain.

*I taped the speaker wire to a very slim/long flat head screw driver (the screwdriver is about 10" long) you only want to tape it to the very tip otherwise you'll never be able to get it off the screw driver to pull it through the boot.

**you don't want to use force, you need to take your time and wiggle it through, otherwise you could cut into some of the wiring.

*** I haven't found my peak freq yet... From some early testing I'd have to say my truck (the vehicle itself)peaks lower.... which is HORRIBLE for SPL but I'll deal with it... It should do some NASTY hair tricks when it's done :D

I just did some more testing....

I the other day I used the ten in a box tuned to 45 hz and today the 12 in a box tuned to 30hz

both boxes peak twice... once at the box's freq (not the tuning but a little higher than the tuning) and they both peak at a different note But the same note on both boxes (the freq that the truck resonates at...)...

**not super accurate but close enough for me... for now...

**the QC 12 does almost the same SPL number at 20hz as it does at 40hz :) with my low power it's only like 130db but nice to see a woofer play pretty flat across the freqs... :) (other than at the box peak and the vehicle peak) the woofer rolls off around 60hz though (about 2db down)... (probably due to the low tuning)

got a mouthfull of gas today... and still can't get the fuel to flow outta the tank grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... got like a pint before it stopped running... gonna be a long process at that rate :(

going to napa to pick up an electric fuel pump... save me some heartache and heartburn.... been burpin' gasoline for an hour... :blink:

got a mouthfull of gas today... and still can't get the fuel to flow outta the tank grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... got like a pint before it stopped running... gonna be a long process at that rate :(

going to napa to pick up an electric fuel pump... save me some heartache and heartburn.... been burpin' gasoline for an hour... :blink:

Ha that sucks. i did that once to my old mini bike.

$2 for the pump..... not getting a mouth full of gas.... priceless...

:)

the tanks out... I'm gonna fix a few other things while I'm down there... my cat's plugged/broken (it rattles internally) so she's coming off, muffler's rusting out too.... Looks like straight pipes and glass packs are going on :)

Also re-doing my $200 break job that I just had done. they didn't even mount the new lines... there just hanging there... grrrr..

well I decided to remove all the wiring and lines and sandblast the frame where the tank is (Only where the tank sits/covers--I'll do the rest when I have more time). got it blasted today and it looks good. I'll undercoat tomorrow and get the lines and tank all hooked back up. should get some stereo work done on friday.. I need it to be functional for sunday. (not a comp, but I have a show to go to.)

***I'lll get some pics of the sandblasting posted later... the frame of the truck is/was rusty as heck...

Thanks for that advice about the door, I got the wires re-ran today.

My truck sounds great with no Muffler, i need to gut the cat, and put on my Super 44

Thanks for that advice about the door, I got the wires re-ran today.

My truck sounds great with no Muffler, i need to gut the cat, and put on my Super 44

I talked to a Dodge tech today... he said if I remove the cat it'll throw the engine code and cause the truck to get worse gas milage (due to the errors the ECU would see) so I guess I'm putting a cat back on... I didn't get the exhaust done this week but in the near future it'll come together.

Got the brakes and gas tank taken care of (finally after a ton of issues) just pulled the truck out of the garage woohooo... Stereo time tomorrow!!!

Well I've been sick for a week so no progress... darn summer cold... haven't felt like moving.

anyhow, Comps on the 28'th so I'm running outta time.

working on the battery tray and amp rack set up as we speak.. just taking a drink break. it's hot/humid as heck outside..

well.... had to re-do everything I did on the 22nd... changed my mind... :)

batt box is built, starting the amp rack now... still have to get the woofers built... sub box built... waiting on 4ga to come via ups (so I can wire up the individual 1500 amp...

looks like two DMX 15's and 4 P1500.1's for now... the other amps will have to wait until the next comp...

looking forward to pics......wish i had what it takes to do the test and know the frequences for a vehicle, i guess the lights are on, but nobody is home!

Got it hooked up for the show this past weekend. ended up building a box for a single 15 tuned to 28 hz (daily tuning for me) didn't post a great number due to the extremely low tuning..

Did 143.2 @34hz 143.8 @47hz......everything inbetween was right in the 143.x range... it was 143's all the way to 54hz where it started to roll off.. :) so atleast it's kinda flat and not peaky.

On to some pics

A few of the woofers... rebuilding one----(needs rebuilt again after burping 6k on it at 15hz :) )

DSCN3764.jpg

Basket

DSCN3766.jpg

Old carbon fiber cone

DSCN3765.jpg

new aluminum re-cone

DSCN3767.jpg

DMX 12 by the RE Se 12

DSCN3768.jpg

It was 102 out so I brought the gear inside to build the box

DSCN3781.jpg

Tired helper :D

DSCN3785.jpg

ready for resin

DSCN3796.jpg

the mess

DSCN3795.jpg

Batts wired up

DSCN3799.jpg

amp wiring

DSCN3800.jpg

amp rack done (for now)

DSCN3801.jpg

looking over

DSCN3802.jpg

Edited by rushnrun

Weak!! LOL so did you make it easier to get to the fuses? Like I said I can get you some magic fuses!!

12" looks "Jerry Springer" big, fat, nasty......."Jerry , I like food fights!" :fing34:

Haven't mess with it yet... It'll be totally different next time you see it :)

I'm gonna get on the midi fuse train... the anl's I used did much better than the multiple agu's so no more agu's for me... so the fuse holder will be getting changed out...

^^^I know the vids pretty well suck... and it's not very loud..... time for more woofer :)