MKader17

Camping Trip

aight guys. Its time to plan a camping trip. I want to know some of the cool things you've, built, done, saw someone do for a camping trip. We have a couple lady friends who it will be there first time to really camp so I want to make it as great as possible.

If it has something to do with camping and you think its worth it then mention it.

We will stay for 3 nights and the goal is to eat like kings. First night will be deer burgers for simplicity and then Ribeye steaks the next night, but we need one more night of food.

Anyways.. lets get creative....

i went last week. made a toilet out of a a 5gal bucket and a seat. and about 6 24 packs

Edit- of coors light

If you are takeing some ladies then I say conch and rum. :fing34:

Sleeping bags that sleep two people :)

Is there any fishing involved? If not, there should be. That could be your third night's supper. Otherwise I say rough it and go traditional. Baked beans, beef jerky, corn, etc.

Also have to take a cast iron skillet (one of the big black ones), that's the best way to cook food while camping. You don't wash it, just wipe it out real good. Each meal becomes more flavorful. Also, for more traditional cooking, dig a hole about 10" in diameter and make a fire in it. Then put two rocks on two of the sides and balance the skillet on them, and there's your cooking surface. We did that last weekend and it's awesome and feels "campy." Also, if you remove the rocks and make a big bonfire for the night over the hole, you can come back in the morning and dig into the hole and there will still be glowing coals that you can use in one of those small bbq grills (about the shape of a basketball) for making breakfast of eggs and sausages in the skillet. Also something we learned last weekend. That was pretty cool.

Now that a good reply KU40. Though we are staying at a place with camp sites so I'm not sure if there will be any hole digging, but I like the skillet idea.

If there is any fishing involved it won't be fish big enough for the last nights supper.

Keep the ideas coming guys!