Earsplitter

CA Glue for recone... but whay kinda ca glue?

I've seen a 5 minute epoxy recommended for recones over CA glue.

we have used the devcon 5min apoxy for years. its cheap, easy to find and works great. i like it much better than CA. just be sure to get the 5min apoxy with the twisty tips. i dont know the part number off had, but i can find it .

holy crap thats cheap!!! i wonder how good it works for real woofers. im sure glue needs for most DJ and concert speakers is a bit different than an 18 playinf 30hz with 3kw on it ..have you used it for neck joints?

Edited by AlanHall

If im correct i think he used that glue to recone some icon 10's.

i used it for an RE XXX 12, it hasn't had ANY problems so far, but im only pushing it with 275watts atm. waiting for funds to get a real amp to push it, and beef my womens electrical. i played around with it before i reconed and it seems like some legit glue.

something about hazardous materials prevented me from buying glue w/ the recone kit because it cannot be shipped legally.

Edited by Earsplitter

I have used a few bottles of this stuff....works very well

http://www.prosoundservice.com/m9_view_ite...D-RECONEGLUE8OZ

you know what i noticed about this.. it says rubber adheasive.. no were does it say CA , and there is no activator for it .. i dunno if it would do the job.. maybe for surrounds and dust caps..

I used this stuff on some custom 10" Icons and was able to pull a 143.6db @ 10hz with out

any problems

in fact I pushed enough power to the subs to tear them apart and the glue never even

showed the slightest sign of letting go at all

yeah.. thats more like it .. but david at fix my speaker has waaaaaay better stuff for 70 for 8oz .. with sprayer and activator www.**** its what i have been using .. and iots expensive sorta... but its the best glue ive ever used ..

Edited by AlanHall

I have used the CA glue with the activator in the past along with a few others but

when the results are the same in the end at 1/2 the price I'll stick with the Prosound product

they all work..it's just personall preference

im not so sure they all work the same for 12kw burps.... like you said in preferance.. i prefer mine to stay in one piece....

I have used a few bottles of this stuff....works very well

http://www.prosoundservice.com/m9_view_ite...D-RECONEGLUE8OZ

you know what i noticed about this.. it says rubber adheasive.. no were does it say CA , and there is no activator for it .. i dunno if it would do the job.. maybe for surrounds and dust caps..

you're qouting the wrong person

i posted a link to the ic-2000 rubberized ca glue i used. i think you got us mixed up :D

no i dont .. i was talking about the speaker glue he posted a link to..

he never implied it was ca glue, i was the only one talking about ca glue and posting a link to it.

so you can see how i thought you got us confused eh?

Edited by Earsplitter

I don't talk much on this forum, but I decided to put in my $.02!

I've used the BSI IC-2000 and it discolored my cone. Could just be the finish on my particular cone (Soundstream XXX), but there's other CA glue that won't do that.

For my last recone, I used 3M's DP420 in black. The product's tech sheet was very impressive. It won't kick as quick as 5 minute epoxy or CA glue, but my gosh the stuff is rad. I had a heat gun aimed at my sub for a good half an hour and the glue was set.

It's a little expensive since you have to purchase the applicator gun. :(