nickelz34

Anyone ever got two btls in a 95 civic coupe?

hey all i just ordered my first fi btl 18 . i choose all the options that were availible for it so i guess it is fully loaded right? anyways my real question is how THE heck am im going to fit two in my civic ? i know most might say i prob shoulda thought of that first but i will find a way to make them fit .

my best idea yet was to actually take out back seats and extend the trunk into the car so when you look into he trunk it looks like its reall deep. than build THE box into the trunk extension .

basicly you would open the trunk and the woofers would sit right were the back of the seat was originaly and the box would be ported on the inside behind driver and passenger seats.

You pretty well are going to have to wall off a civic to fit two.---too much woofer not enough car. :)

there's probably 5 (usable) cubic feet in a civic's trunk. the back seat area... maybe another 7 or 8 cubes (below the window line... so it's possible to use the trunk and the back seat to get enough airspace... designing it will be fun... most likly you'll be building the box in the car... but if you're gonna do all that..... WALL IT :D

not 100% sure what you're trying to explain with your intended box description.. a sketch would help..

meade's civic had 2 18's walled didn't it?

yea i think it was 2 RE's

box.jpg

ok thats my really gay picture im not good at computer paint but it give you kinda of an idea. do you guys have construction pics or anything with a set of two btls in a civic. maybe instuctive pics that show how a wall off goes??

box.jpg

ok thats my really gay picture im not good at computer paint but it give you kinda of an idea. do you guys have construction pics or anything with a set of two btls in a civic. maybe instuctive pics that show how a wall off goes??

I don't think that's gonna do it.... but you never know... a wall would be a better choice (IMO)

Sell one to me. I'm pretty sure that would solve your problem.

ok guys ill do THE wall trick ok lol . i found steave meades build and i figured i will basicly do almost the same thing just kinda switch design up a bit so im not copying him. well see what happens .

thnx for the replys guys you all are very help ful ill post more when i recieve my woofers in the mail

sorry about being a bit off topic and noob-like, but when you say to "wall" it, is that just building a huge wall that utilises all the space behind the front seats, but also obscures any rear vision?

yes that is exactly right i will be painting my back windows black or white to match the car so you cant see through and look at back of box . than i will be installing a rear view camera so i still have rear view just not on a mirror. no loss and much gain to me lol . oh yah if you wanted to see a good example of the build check out steave meades civic pretty much same conccept except my civic is a 2 door not 4 so it might be a lil more difficult.

http://www.*****.com/board/ind...3entry393

You won't hear a thing if you build the one you designed.

You won't hear a thing if you build the one you designed.

No Shit, 'Round Here Drivers In Opposite Directions Or Port In The Complete Opposite Direction Of The Woofers Means ....Uh...What's That Word?...Oh. CANCELLATION? :D

But Really, That's Like The Silliest Thing You Can Do. Wall It Off Subs Driver Side Port Passenger Side. You'll Thank Me And Mister Termlab Later.

yah i totally did away with that design guys lol . i am going to wall it off from the front seats to back window and use trunk for amp display . it will be nice lol i was just used to having subs that went into the truck thats why i thought of that design . now that i look at it lol i would hear nothing . it would be music load as hell than wen bass hits no music lol still woulda been funny . at least i ran it past you guys b4 i tryed it .

the box construction is well on its way now ive got the windows blacked out and got the bottom mdf cut to fit exactly to fit were the seats were at im going to find a means of securing it were i want than start on rest of box . i will have plenty of pix up of the build very soon

have fun and remember

Wear your plugs lol jk

Edited by nickelz34