Im getting a second battery soon for my truck and i was wondering how to install it. I know you wire positive to positive ans neg to neg but after i wire the batteries together do i run a wire from the second batteries neg to the ground spot on the amp? And i just wire the 2nd batts positive to the power on the amp right?

I also plan on grounding the alt case, and both battery negs to the frame. Good idea?

yes its ok but becareful if you dont have any fuses on the second batt

bat1+to bat2+to amp+ and bat2-to metal and amp- to metal

front cell ---- FUSE------------------------------------------------------ FUSE------ second cell ---- FUSE amp.

Always had good luck doing it this was personally.

Bat 1- --- ground

Bat 1- --- motor --- alternator case

Bat 1+ ---|fuse|-------------------------------|fuse|--- Bat 2+ ---|fuse|------- Amp+

Bat 2- --- ground

Bat 2- --- Amp-

Edited by MemphisMzd

Alright i think i got it. But i have a question. Why 2 fuses in between the 1st batteries positive and the 2nds?

Edit - whoops i had why 2 grounds instead of why 2 fuses.

Also i called autozone and they said they can charge a agm battery like a optima yellow top but one autozone in my area said it would take 12 hours to charge and another said it would take 2 or 3 hours doing a "triple charge."

What should i do?

Battery is a batcap 2000 btw.

Edited by juslivin

reason off all those fuses is because some shhh happens between the 2 batts you can always take out the fuse "just the fuse" leave the blocks and be save instead of having current to wires and cause sparks which are dangerous.

thats how i see it.

someone else might give a better reason ^_^

if u need to charge a battery up, go with the slower method.

Fast charging doesnt top them off as good as slow charging.

issos are a waste unless your playing with your car off.... and thats just a silly idea.

a tripple charge or a trickle charge????????

Well in my case I drive a 2003 saturn ion and my main(starting) battery is in the trunk, where i will also placing my secondary battery at. The distance between the two postitive terminals on each battery will be less 2 ft. so would i still have to throw two fuses in between that small distance. appreciate the info