k_schutte

box for H/T

Well, I need more bass and was wondering if anyone has tried the "home wrecker" box... Not sure what sub I will be using, probably a cheaper on though, 15" most likely... something like kicker, alpine, Volfenhag, R.F. etc....

I figure no need getting anything too nice because most plate amps i see are only a couple hundred watts so... I am using some Aroura "Bass Shakers" and i frikkin love them but of course there is no real bass from them and my sub that came with the surround sound system just lacks...

Any suggestions?, hopefuly "on the cheap"

Also, I did consider using a car audio amp and a bigger sub but not sure how well that works out. I mean, if i don't sell the RE XXX 15" I will have that laying around and it would be one hell of a H/T subwoofer!! plteny of box room and a nice low tune should be pretty sweet. May be grab a cheaper amp that would do like 1000~ rms

Link to this home wrecker box?

How cheap is cheap? How about a Tempest-X?

if your goal is only SPL then you could try it I suppose. But it's more a question of how low into the Hz you want to go and at what SPL level when it comes to HT. It's also in 95% of the cases keeping a flat line for your SPL from ~80hz to ~10h.

What are your goals and budget.

if your goal is only SPL then you could try it I suppose. But it's more a question of how low into the Hz you want to go and at what SPL level when it comes to HT. It's also in 95% of the cases keeping a flat line for your SPL from ~80hz to ~10h.

What are your goals and budget.

SPL is my goal just as in my car... my budget is... uhm... LOW! Pretty much the reason i was looking at that box, I was hoping i could get away with using a cheaper sub and amp

right off hand I am thinking an MTX Thunder4500 15" or Kicker C15 or a Volfenhag 15" all about the same price $75~ shipped

and then probably pick up a computer power supply and run a car amp since you can get more power cheaper that way... somethign like a P.A. BAMF-2000/1D or an SPL brand... somethign that claims like a TON of power but might get me like 500~ rms for like $100~

A single 15 inch sub in the "House Wrecker" needs an fs around 20 Hz, and a Qts less than .38 and a minimum VAS of 10 cubic feet. Expect it to roll off at 35 hz, definitely not a home theater sub in that configuration.

Edited by Mike P.

definitely not a home theater sub in that configuration.

not really sure what you are saying there...? I am not planning on useing a H/T subwoofer if thats what you are saying?

BUMP

not really sure what you are saying there...? I am not planning on useing a H/T subwoofer if thats what you are saying?

BUMP

In your thread title it states you want something for Home Theater. In that box NO sub will be a Home Theater sub.

Generically speaking the difference between a music sub and a home theater sub is the box.

BUMP

In your thread title it states you want something for Home Theater. In that box NO sub will be a Home Theater sub.

Generically speaking the difference between a music sub and a home theater sub is the box.

AH.... Got It... I assumed because ti was designed by professionals speccificaly for home theater use that it would be good for... well, home theater use ;)

anyone know of something like this that would work? some sort of pre-designed box or something?

If you are going to build a box you should make one that is optimal for the driver you choose. NOT the other way around ;)

If you are going to build a box you should make one that is optimal for the driver you choose. NOT the other way around

agreed.

has decware ever really come up with anything good for home use?

Edited by Derek