galacticmonkey

Which components to get?

Of these, which would you prefer? Will be running 2 sets on the front of my DLS Ultimate A5. Wont be a ton of power so it will definately need to be efficient. I would like clear sound, good midbass, and definately as loud as possible. This is the rating of my amp, and with 2 comp sets each channel will be at 2 ohms, so around 50rms per speaker.

4 ohms: 85 watts x 2 chan. + 300 watts x 1 sub chan.

2 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan. + 500 watts x 1 sub chan.

These are some of the options I was looking at. What would you pick?

Speaker choices and poll us up at ca.com.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410377

I am not clicking the link and am sure many others won't either. I'd be skeered taking any advice from crapaudio

Gmok, I am sure if you had the topic here instead of linked to another site, it would get more focused attention.

That's the spirit. Just copy and paste. ;)

I bet more than 80% of the votes on CA are from those who haven't heard the sets they voted for :D

Thats why I came here to ask because I know some here have had alot of experience with high end component sets.

Why do you want us to go to ca.com? Do you know where you are ?

SSA forums are way more instructive, reliable and serious. Just tell what you like, what you need,etc... and you will receive very good advices!!!

I went to ca.com onceor twice, and I was really disappointed : lot of talks, bad talks,... In my opinion there is too much teenagers (or teenagers in their minds!) on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why I came here to ask because I know some here have had alot of experience with high end component sets.

Why do you want us to go to ca.com? Do you know where you are ?

SSA forums are way more instructive, reliable and serious. Just tell what you like, what you need,etc... and you will receive very good advices!!!

I went to ca.com onceor twice, and I was really disappointed : lot of talks, bad talks,... In my opinion there is too much teenagers (or teenagers in their minds!) on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been to CA one time, and one time only.

And even if a bunch of people from here went there and voted the poll would be crap from the other people there.

*not that there aren't some good ones, just too many who know jack shit

Well Its just a link to one thread. Dont even vote in the poll, it doesnt matter. I just want some input.

Do you think that the Type Xs or Focals are worth twice the price of the ID CTXs? I could get both both sets of IDs for the price of a single set of Alpines or Focals. Worth double the money?

To keep the cost down I was thinking 2 ID CTX sets and a RE SE 12 ported. Would sound pretty clean and have decent output for a daily setup. Box would be downfiring under rear passanger seat with ports firing to the drivers side.

Edited by galacticmonkey

I recently bought a set of Boston Pro60se's and I like em pretty good. They have a nice flat soundstage.

Rated for 125w, but I am currently sending them around 200w. Sounds good to my ears.

What about using the front 2 channels on my DLS Ultimate A5 to run 2 dedicated midbasses and then buying another amp to run some components?

How do dedicated midbasses do in kick pannels? I would make sure it was sealed up totally. Any experience with this?

I wouldn't seal midbass drivers unless you have a lot of room. Vent them into your fenders ftmfw.

If you have midbass you don't need components, but instead a midrange and tweeter.

Most kicks will have an open area behind the plastic. Keep this area open behind your kicks don't seal it.

Most kicks will have an open area behind the plastic. Keep this area open behind your kicks don't seal it.

But I would build fiberglass pannels and it would be better for the pods to be sealed right?

But I would build fiberglass pannels and it would be better for the pods to be sealed right?

Not for the midbass, no.

Could you put your midbass in the doors?

If I were to go this route I would end up with 2 amps. I would get rid of my DLS amp and run a Clarion DPX11500 and some kind of 2/4 channel on highs and mids.

You'd actually need 6 channels if you want midbass. 2 for the midbass, 2 for the mids, and 2 for the tweets.

Using a comp set with a set of midbasses is a bad idea.

As for the sealed it can be an okay idea; however, I will guarantee that you do not have enough space in your kicks. They need little mini-sub boxes of various size depending on the driver. Much easier to mount them IB, ie vented into your fenders.