greenblaze98

xcon or dc level 4xl

xcon or dc lvl4  

56 members have voted

1. 1. xcon or dc lvl4

• XCON
    • DC LEVEL 4

HAHAHAHAA...... Not even a comparison... The LVL 4 will OWN... I SAY AGAIN!!! OWNNNNNNNN The XCON

own it in what way....

I have played with both subs and the Xcon SQ wipes the floor with the LVL 4...the Xcon is much more musical

level 4 just seems more spl

HAHAHAHAA...... Not even a comparison... The LVL 4 will OWN... I SAY AGAIN!!! OWNNNNNNNN The XCON

I can only imagine who's behind this first post lol

I can only imagine who's behind this first post lol

I am not going to say either way, Rusty makes a great product as do we (SSA). I have heard both subs however. I've heard 4 Lvl4's in a wall, and just so happens my two ICON 15's did a better number that day. Obviously this is all install dependant, I just can't see this argument, seeing how most of these opinions are based of hearing just DC subs and not the XCONs. Very un-fare comparison.

I should be ordering my xcons by the end of the month

:fing34:

I vote XCON!

Nothing but great things being said about these woofers.

in terms of spl I agree with re_xxx which has to be a first with anything (if you go to any other forum you will see me and re argue alot) but in sq I'm going to put my money on the xcon. if it was completely up to me I would go xl just because I need the extra power handling

in terms of spl I agree with re_xxx which has to be a first with anything (if you go to any other forum you will see me and re argue alot) but in sq I'm going to put my money on the xcon. if it was completely up to me I would go xl just because I need the extra power handling

You consider the XXX an SPL woofer?

lol he meant he agrees with re xxx the person... thats his Forum name

:Doh: Bad Duran!

:Doh: Bad Duran!

lol you had me laughing for a second when i saw your post

I'm gonna OWN... I SAY AGAIN!! OWNNNNNNN you if you don't stop spreading bad information like that. That is a completely biased opinion and the original poster should disregard every word.

I'm gonna OWN... I SAY AGAIN!! OWNNNNNNN you if you don't stop spreading bad information like that. That is a completely biased opinion and the original poster should disregard every word.

:nothingtoadd:

This is true because you have tested both drivers in their proper enclosures for both high output and sound quality in the same install, and you have solid findings to post.

Way to help the topic. :rolleyes:

in terms of spl I agree with re_xxx which has to be a first with anything (if you go to any other forum you will see me and re argue alot) but in sq I'm going to put my money on the xcon.

I think this is pretty much the basis of the fault in the comparison. An SPL driver being compared to an SQ driver, it is pretty obvious which to choose if going for SPL or if going for SQ. But for someone to join up and say one will own another with zero knowledge on 1/2 of the comparison, is flat out pointless and does nothing to help the OP.

really just pick what ever one suits you best this is why I hate comparison threads. every has in their opinion a favorite sub. For me it's the shocker sig. I am also not very big on needing my bass to sound good I want the front stage to but as long as my subs don't miss notes I could care less

really just pick what ever one suits you best this is why I hate comparison threads. every has in their opinion a favorite sub. For me it's the shocker sig. I am also not very big on needing my bass to sound good I want the front stage to but as long as my subs don't miss notes I could care less

good point

totally agree with denim. you have to make a choice between spl and sq. I will say though in terms of spl my x-cons whoop some ass and definitely provide more spl than my bl did sub for sub.

My opinion -

I think the xcons are sexier than the dcs. I think they will have more sq and they have a higher power handling.

At the same time I think the xls will get louder as they are more SPL oriented than sq.

Its really just up to you. I haven't heard either one yet but im installing my 18 inch level 4 xls next week and im getting a demo of the xcons next month =)

If this thread is still up ill post my opinion of the 2 after i hear both.

Also im not going to vote because i haven't heard either one.

were you ever able to compare them?

totally agree with denim. you have to make a choice between spl and sq. I will say though in terms of spl my x-cons whoop some ass and definitely provide more spl than my bl did sub for sub.

good to keep in mind, thanks

I have heard the Xcons and i will say that they sounded great, but could also be extremely loud haha, im ordering some myself soon after hearing them :)

I have heard the Xcons and i will say that they sounded great, but could also be extremely loud haha, im ordering some myself soon after hearing them :)

:drink40:

I vote Xcon

because Xcons will make your wiener bigger.

And I'm getting a couple within a few weeks