bigrank916

Is Focal a good component system?

I have seen the Focal 165 VR3 set of 6.5s, 4s, tweets and wonder if they are good. I have heard by some that they are overrated. My local shop carries them so I know they will be bias. I can get the whole set for $320 with warr. They can go in a 91 Silverado ext cab powered by a sundown 125.2 and I think they would all fit. I havent cut the holes for the 6.5s in the doors yet but Ive heard its a very common custom install spot in that truck. What do you guys think of Focal? :shrug:

Can you listen to them before buying ?

Can you listen to them before buying ?

Yes I can at my local audio shop. I just wanted to know what u guys think of them and I was looking because the price is good.

I think it's a lower grade set of Focal. I believe Crutchfield is carrying these, so Best Buy may be next. ?

I had looked at them too as they would be a great fit in my Yukon with very little modification, but...........

I would be curious to hear of actual user impressions.

I think it's a lower grade set of Focal. I believe Crutchfield is carrying these, so Best Buy may be next. ?

I had looked at them too as they would be a great fit in my Yukon with very little modification, but...........

I would be curious to hear of actual user impressions.

i doubt best buy will be selling focal any time soon. Focal isn't so overrated, they are simply great quality comp speakers. I am looking to get some focal comps very soon for my car. or you should look into some infinity kappas

I really love Focal sound, even if it`s Polyglass series, they do sound nice. In the right set-up, they can be a true SQ system.

I personally don't like them, way too lively for my tastes.

On top of that I would never recommend a passive 3 way setup, way too many compromises. If you want to go the way of the 3 way it is time to start looking at running active.