Notorious97200

need 1 sub and 1 amp for a Mercedes

Hi all,

A friend of mine wants a system for his class c Mercedes.

He used to have some kind of spl system his cars, but wants now something small.

He will buy a good Alpine head unit and a set of Focal comps for the front(without amp).

He like the Icon but need something smaller, 300-600 watts rms.

My first option would be a 10" Dcon sub and a small 2 channel amp(maybe a Sundown).

Will that be enough for his trunk? will he be able to hear it in the car? The trunk is quite big, and seems to have no ski hole.

What are the other options ?

He would like to keep the budget as low as possible, but he is not broke, at all !!! To give a budget, hummmmmm : 300 to 400 $ max (without shipping). Better if it is lower !

I want him to shop here at the SSA shop, as I am confident with them !

He listen to rap, r&b, and reggae, and will make a SMALL ported enclosure.

Thank for your help.

You also can look at Image Dynamic Q series subs which can handle up to 500 Watts. U can get these over at woofers etc. for 150 before shipping

Aswell you can talk to nick over at FI to see if he has any of the X series subs left. These he is only selling for 80 dollars each before shipping and are rated at 300 RMS

Edited by sqjeep

Why not get the new package, with 2 dcons (10s or 12s) and a sundown 125.2 (400@4).

You can put 2 dcons in as little as 2 cubes.

Edited by juslivin

This pack is really cool :)

But he only wants one sub.

He really worries about the output he can have in the car with a small set up.

The trunk is big and he thinks that the bass may not be audible enough.

He want some bass but with a small setup.

The Dcon is good for him?

Hi all,

He will buy a good Alpine head unit and a set of Focal comps for the front(without amp).

Thank for your help.

What focal comp is he getting???

Aswell what Alpine headunit is he getting??

And what is he going to use to power those speakers??

Also is there an opening leading into the cabin from the trunk??

Edited by sqjeep

He will buy one of the K series, don't know yet.

He wants a double din Alpine h u: he's'looking for a good deal locally.

The problem is that there is no opening in the trunk to the cabin. What can he do to hear some bass in the cabin without tons of power?

He doesn't want another amp for the speakers, so he may buy a 4 channel amp(mine!) : but he will only have a little more than 200 watts rms for the sub.

We could team up the Dcon with an RF P300.1/Diamond D1400.1 or something of that nature.

Those comps will sound terrible without an amplifier. Your idea of a 4chn with the rears going to the sub/s is perfect.

Those comps will sound terrible without an amplifier. Your idea of a 4chn with the rears going to the sub/s is perfect.

Really?

The sub will not receive a lot of power with that set up. Do you think it would enough to have some bass in the cabin?

If it is ok, I can sell him my Boston gt 42 amp, and buy a 2 channel amp for my focal 165KP instead. :fing34:

I will talk to him as soon as possible.

If he is ok with that, I will order one 10" or 12" Dcon and a Sundown, or a USamp, or whatever, amp in 2ch.

BTW I have to check how much power my amp will produce with that setup. don't know if it can handle a 2 ohms load on the rear channels AND a 4 ohms one on the front channels.

Yep really. Comps pretty much need an amp.