I would love to have a pair to run a pair of D2's in Street B

You are not talking EQ D2's are ya?..........if you are I would pass. If you smoke em, they wont fix em. But, your perogotive.

As far as the 300D's, we got 107 Volts at 1.3 Ohms, with 17volts on the power side.

You are not talking EQ D2's are ya?..........if you are I would pass. If you smoke em, they wont fix em. But, your perogotive.

As far as the 300D's, we got 107 Volts at 1.3 Ohms, with 17volts on the power side.

no sorry the SI D2 subs :)

thats kinda weak isnt it ?

I got 135V on my bro's 4000D running on 12V at 2 ohms.

thats kinda weak isnt it ?

I got 135V on my bro's 4000D running on 12V at 2 ohms.

It is a lot easier for an amp to put out higher voltage at higher ohm loads, btw the crossfire 4000D is a very strong amp, I belive that the pbx 3000D will hang with it at 2 ohms. using ohms law107V div. by 1.3 ohms gives 82ish amps..then firgure 107 V times 82 amps =8772watts...........yeah, kinda weak :rolleyes: , not quite the wattage from the 4000D, but also look at the price diff. :+1:

1) It's Power = V^2/R ..

2) That's probably well into clipping

:rolleyes:

1)  It's Power = V^2/R ..

:gift: same thing as P=EI

oh yea how much are those amps?

Okay, so I have two KNOWN variables, so instead of just using those, I should use them to get a third, completely unnecessary variable, round it to the nearest integer, and then use it those in a different formula that achieves roughly the same results, but not quite because I rounded the third, completely unnecessary variable ... ?

Wow, that's SOOOO much easier than just using Power = Voltage^2/Resistance ... :rolleyes:

Okay, so I have two KNOWN variables, so instead of just using those, I should use them to get a third, completely unnecessary variable, round it to the nearest integer, and then use it those in a different formula that achieves roughly the same results, but not quite because I rounded the third, completely unnecessary variable ... ?

Wow, that's SOOOO much easier than just using Power = Voltage^2/Resistance ... :rolleyes:

neither way is wrong, just whichever way you preffer.

I got to see some of these in action this past weekend in Tampa, they seemed very powerfull.

While all of you have stated ohms law correctly, I do not believe that amp is capable of over 8000 watts even on 17 volts. You said 107 volts at 1.3 ohms and you used that to figure your current, but the problem is the impedence changes depending on the enclosure frequency, heat, etc...so while it may have been wired at 1.3 on 17 volts and put out 107 volts, your real impedence could have been 4-5 ohms. To really test your power you need a AC clamp meter and a voltmeter. Check the voltage output on a burp while simultaneously checking the current output at the same time. Multiply these two numbers together and you'll have your real power or as close as you can get to it without some more expensive equipment. 3500-4000 watts at 17 volts would be more realistic depending upon the power supply in the amp. If you figure your impedence rise was to 3 ohms even, you'd have about 35.6 amps and 107 volts which is 3816 watts. Much more realistic.

welcome Matt, good to have you,

I`m well impressed with these amps. :fing34:

I was using 4 of them in a Street C install on 2x DD3515

I know we haven`t use a clamp meter etc.(Forgive me guys)

A strapped pair kicked out 158v into 1ohm @ roughly 14.4v @52Hz (Had the engine running whilst measuring Voltage at Amp Spkr terminals)

We did an SPL comparison test with three other amps in a Street C car.

Term Lab Sensor - dB drag position.

2x DD9915 / 2x Hawker SP2180 Batteries

I will not name the other amps but the PBX was in the middle. :D

We just used a single amp. Loaded down to 1/4 ohm. Engine off.

155.5dB - Amp A (This amp is used a lot in Europe - a bit unreliable though, many break down at events)

155.0dB - XA-3000D

154.8dB - Amp C (Another, very good American Amp)

Good to hear, hopefully the Pair I'm getting will impress me as I'm hoping they will!

NG

Good to hear, hopefully the Pair I'm getting will impress me as I'm hoping they will!

NG

what are you going to power with them? if you say mags I am going to be sad because I cannot afford to do it yet