mikey5472

2 18" xcon Second row wall.

So I have been thinking, If I wall off behind the second row I should be able to get about 14 and a half cubes. Subs on the outer sides and 200sqin of port in the middle. I would be uprading the electrical, with h/o alt, big 3, and atleast 5 batts(1 up front 4 in the back). Another saz 1500, and a shit ton of deadner. I will be upgrading my fronstage as well. I am hoping to do atleast around 146 or so. That would be double the cone area and double the power, aswell as aupgraded electrical. What do you guys think????

Edited by mdizzle5472

i think its a sweet idea but 20sq inches of port isnt that a little small....lol and good luck with the build

i think its a sweet idea but 20sq inches of port isnt that a little small....lol and good luck with the build

LOL edited meant 200

LOL edited meant 200

figured that was just messing wit ya :fing34:

LOL edited meant 200

figured that was just messing wit ya :fing34:

Ha. I thought so.

Sound good! Keep us posted :lol:

Sounds like a Plan... :D

but..... I don't think you'll need all that to do 146 in a Jimmy....

I was doing 48's (in the mid 40hz range) in my 4 door Blazer with one Concept cpt 15 in 2.5 cubes tuned 35 hz two 4" areo's sub up ports back... running 4 ohm on a kicker zx2500.1

T/L meter head-rest drivers door open (MECA)

did roughly the same number sealed on the dash but at a higher freq. blazers/jimmy's are easy to get loud on the mic....

Sounds like a Plan... :D

but..... I don't think you'll need all that to do 146 in a Jimmy....

I was doing 48's (in the mid 40hz range) in my 4 door Blazer with one Concept cpt 15 in 2.5 cubes tuned 35 hz two 4" areo's sub up ports back... running 4 ohm on a kicker zx2500.1

T/L meter head-rest drivers door open (MECA)

did roughly the same number sealed on the dash but at a higher freq. blazers/jimmy's are easy to get loud on the mic....

I figured that it would be a little louder than 146 but that was just a rough estimate. I did 141.8 over the weekend with 1 18" XCON, stock electriacal.

141?? what freq, what mic, what location..... that's a pretty low score for that equip even with stock electrical.. granted extra juice would help...

2dr or 4 dr?

141?? what freq, what mic, what location..... that's a pretty low score for that equip even with stock electrical.. granted extra juice would help...

2dr or 4 dr?

4 door tl I think it was aroud 42hz, The guy told me to play like 45 and go up, but wen I went up the numbers got smaller then I went down and they got bigger, If I would have had more time I would have went lower, but whatever it gave me new goals.

Cool plan, now just get it done. :fing34:

I'm goin to start ordering deadner and wire as early as next month. Peice by peice it will be put together, I also nee to completely overhaul the front end of the car itself.

2dr or 4 dr?

4 door tl I think it was aroud 42hz, The guy told me to play like 45 and go up, but wen I went up the numbers got smaller then I went down and they got bigger, If I would have had more time I would have went lower, but whatever it gave me new goals.

whats your box tuned to??

Your truck should peak in the mid to high 40hz range... It probably was getting louder lower due to a lower box tuning..

***Which you're running a daily setup so that's perfectly fine :D

2dr or 4 dr?

whats your box tuned to??

Your truck should peak in the mid to high 40hz range... It probably was getting louder lower due to a lower box tuning..

***Which you're running a daily setup so that's perfectly fine :D

It is tuned to 32hz this is why I think the the numbers were low it is in a daily setup. The wall will be tuned for daily aswell, proably around 32-34.

It's only a little over an hour,

if you need some help with this monster!! LOL

(I love a good install!)

(I love a good install!)

I might have to take you up on that offer, it won't be for a couple months before istart though.

(I love a good install!)

I might have to take you up on that offer, it won't be for a couple months before istart though.

This sounds like an unbeatable offer. Jay really knows his audio :)

(I love a good install!)

This sounds like an unbeatable offer. Jay really knows his audio :)

Yea i know, i might just have to drive down there and have him help me with this. I'm sure we could get a lot done in a couple of days being down there.

Oh yeah!

I want in on this!!!LOL

The work involved on installs is half the fun!!

(The other half comes when you hear the BOOM!)

sounds like a good plan and a good time. i miss my 2 18's so sad.