Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Awesome SSA Icon review from Alaska!

Direct quote from DIYma:

I just installed a 12" Icon in a sealed nder the backseat of my silverado. I have to say that SSA you guys did an amazing job with this one. One of the best drivers i've heard without a doubt. I'm running it off of a JL 500/1 and I absolutely love this thing. It's only been played for about 2 hours so it still needs some time to break in.

The transient response and accuracy is amazing, much better than the W7 and comparable to the W6 but with more output and much better lows.

In the sealed box i have now it reminds me of how low my Type X hit in it's ported box. It just eats the lows up no problem. It blends so well with everything even though i haven't bought the mids and tweets i want.

I went over to my buddies house who just made an order to get two 10" Type R's. He canceled his order after hearing the icon. He isn't an audiophile but he knew it sounded great. SSA i think you guys might be getting another customer soon.

I don't know what other things i can say about the Icon other than i'll be ordering another one soon for sure. I need to fill the other hole i cut for the other side of the box.

Review URL

:)

these are starting to make their way further and further out of the US48 :)

And even far far away !!!

Don't forget you have a pround Icon owner in Martinique : me !!! fing05.gif

And I am still waiting for shipping info for a 15" Xcon : after hearing the Icon, the owner of my second Kicker S15L7 wants an Xcon as soon as he can!!!

these are starting to make their way further and further out of the US48 :)

And even far far away !!!

Don't forget you have a pround Icon owner in Martinique : me !!! fing05.gif

And I am still waiting for shipping info for a 15" Xcon : after hearing the Icon, the owner of my second Kicker S15L7 wants an Xcon as soon as he can!!!

Now he can.

He called me at 07:00 am today, and want s to meet me this afternoon to give me the money for the order!!!

I am waiting on you, SSA guys!

Ah i see my fairly short review was put up. I definately got to get another Icon for my dogsled...I'm very happy with it. It did get significantly louder after break. It really surprised me. I also just ordered the Saz-1200 so i'll have to post up my results from that as well when i get it. Depending on the output, it will determine if i'm going to port it or not.

SSA sure hit a home run with there line of subs.. anyone who has heard them has nothing but good things to say about them.. i love mine and i bet i don't have a hour play time on it yet..everyone who has heard it loves it.... i am sure glad that i was told about the Xcon before i bought something else !

I love the sound of the Icons.......and everyone who I installed them for and sold them to love them also :drink40: