IMG00026.jpg

IMG00027.jpg

NO audible Port noise.

It does exactly as i planned it to do-

its loud

wide enough frequency band

Good initial Numbers

and looks SEXXXXY

Woofs have only been in a few hours- but i'd consider this a success :)

-Drew

That is a sexy looking port. Got any build pics ?

To bad you need more power mister ;)

Just messing with ya Drew. Nice box

Thats a sweet looking port!

oh definitely, u so close already.

What have you done to help with your score. I'll try to help me and you out together since i'm workin on my wall still.

I did a 151.2 at 58hz off of 4 15s and 228A of current draw. I don't have the wall sealed at all, amps not gain matched, box not tuned to car yet and that's a clip-free burp, so i got LOTS of potential left.

If there is nothing you have done yet to help ur score, try some of these things-

I'm assuming you have your wall sealed. If you have access to a mic, anything that reads over 150 will do, open your hatch and burp, let subs cool, recharge batt, recheck voltage level and make sure it's the same before re-burping again with the hatch closed. If you get a louder score with door closed... you need more sealant material.

Take your hand and run it around the box completely at around half volume on a test tone and see if u can feel any air coming out of the box including around the subs and port(not in the port,around it, lol).

since your port is in the middle of the car like mine, you are gonna have to test and see which side of the car is louder, passenger or driver side.

Remember, if driver side is louder, opening passenger window or door will help and vice versa.

Decreasing the volume in the cabin area is the goal so flip down sunvisors, scoot one or both seats all the way forward, open your glove box and console...

Try each of those one at a time.

Fill your rear floorboard with something... anything to decrease volume.

also, make sure you are playin the right tone too.

If u got a DMM and ammeter, measure the AC voltage and amps coming off the amp. Divide amps into voltage to get live resistance. Do this at your maximum burp potential.

Once you have this number, calculate how high your impedance rise is... Let's say you have 2 dual 1s wired at 1ohm and you are getting 4 ohms even. My dual 1 DCs are 0.9 on the meter. So 4 ohm even is a 4.444x rise in impedance.

If you can wire both subs in parallel, then multiply your rise number by the current DCR value and it be calculated above 1.0000 ohms, then it should be safe to wire in parallel and burp with tremendous amount of power.

You need to test this method though. Sometimes, you must let it rip at max volume immediately, other times, you must roll it up. Rolling the volume adds little resistance and is sometimes necessary for such wiring configurations.

Thanks Guys!

Updates soon- some changes hopefully touch that 151

-Drew

sweet cant wait

looks nice drew... what happened with that dustcap?

I was thinkin the same thing haha.

looks nice drew... what happened with that dustcap?

I was thinkin the same thing haha.

lol he replied to me on his topic on ***... i dont remember what he said about it but it is fixed now along with some other improvements