is 157.1 a doable number with 4 JL w1v2 12's, JL 500/1, and mintor electrical upgrades in an older modle silverado extended cab?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. is 157.1 a doable number with 4 JL w1v2 12's, JL 500/1, and mintor electrical upgrades in an older modle silverado extended cab?

• SURE IT IS! mah funky pups iz hitting that.
    • If the installer knew what he was doing.
    • Big maybe on a good day
    • if the cosmic winds where blowing and the planets alined
    • More BS than what's at a live stock market

OK, now this is just a give your opinion on this BS.

A friend of mine has 4 JL w1v2 12's and a JL 500/1 ported. exact specs on the enclsure i have no idea.

He i was talking to him yesterday and he said he drove up to the local audio shop which sapposeably has MECA certified mics. I dont know if this is Term Lab or not. i am assumeing so since that is the organization Alma gates comeats (or compeated) with. anyway, he told me he did a 149.2@ 55Hz. beleiveable but not BSable

Today he calls me saying he went up there agian and did a bunch of runs. he averaged at 151.3...still beleiveable depending on the box. but then he goes on to tell me on a bass track song he did a 157.1 and it was held steady for 3sec. now he has some drycell battery and a 150a altinernator.

huge flag went off in my head :bsflag:

but what is your opinion on it.

oh BTW it was installed by your usuall JL dealer, doenst really know the ins and outs of car audio. doesnt accept that there are internet companies louder than JL. and just plugs some specs into LEAP and then uses his $500 saw to make some cuts and glue them togather. :ohsnap:

Totally possible. Where was the mic placed?

4 entry level twelves and 500wrms?? not on a TL..no way. unless it was in the port. sorry ryan...but i gotta go against u on this one...

4 memphis pr12's off an modded american bass amp, doing aprox 2000wrms, in a bravada pulled a 147.6..off aTL, usaci event. and that was outlaw.

i have a hard time believing the 149...

nevermind, jsut read that it was in a truck...now i know it's bs!! i can't get a 150 with what's in my sig...no way he's doing it!!! unless it's in the port. like ryan asked, where was the mic?

but i'd say bs everytime....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

im not sure. like i said. i wasnt there. next time he goes down there i am going to go down there with him. Mind you this is a daily tuned set up. im geussing somewhere in the mid 30's tuning and the box comues up the the back of the seat. ive been in side it plenty of times...doesnt sound like a 150+ dB daily set up. and he has no way to change tuning 1 slotted port.

im not sure. like i said. i wasnt there. next time he goes down there i am going to go down there with him. Mind you this is a daily tuned set up. im geussing somewhere in the mid 30's tuning and the box comues up the the back of the seat. ive been in side it plenty of times...doesnt sound like a 150+ dB daily set up. and he has no way to change tuning 1 slotted port.

he isn't doing it..i'm telling ya....i've been trying to break 150 in a fullsize x-cab truck for three years, without a wall. closest i got was last year, 145.5 outlaw. there is no way on this jolly green earth that he is pulling those numbers..EXCEPT the mics are a joke or they are in the port..

that's it..no other way..period. or else my ass is buying me some jlw1's and a couple of 500/1's...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hence the reason I questioned the mic placement. ;)

Do you think I'm a fool? :P

what i thought. With a single 18 i am aiming for mid 140's wiht an SPL tuned enclsore...

Hence the reason I questioned the mic placement.  ;)

Do you think I'm a fool? :P

naw... but i had me worries for just a second...:lol2:

cb...mid 40's witht he right power and enclosure shouldn't be an issue...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Who cares, tell him he's a dummy. If he doesn't even know what the "TL Sensor" is...then duh...

NG

maybe with an old uncalabraited mic in port wars

TL 157 dash - would take ALOT ofpatience and testing, even then, it'd be a stretch

TL 157 in the kick - more possible then above, but still rather hard to do.

On the AC? Hell, anythings possible. He could hit 157.8 and then 6 hours later hit 153.7 without changing anything. Seriously.

-Nick

Noah

:ThatWasGay:

:crap:

now...

:shutup:

fo' i bust a cap in your ass

:gheychase:

anyway.

we went riding today. even with "crunk juice" playuing full tilt it was jsut past tickleing my ears, never even really had the want to plug them. really id say he is in the low 140's on a TL. no where near 157... ive sat in a 152db burp@45Hz and he isnt even near that. i called audiowaves (the place where he hit this 157) and they said they have MECA certified mics. but he wouldnt tell me for sure it was term lab. so it is probably what MECA was uging back int the late 80's or when ever they sterted out. :lol2:

lol, oh BTW, noah, only pay attention to that if you where calling me a dummy, for the 1,000,000th time :)

Who cares, tell him he's a dummy. If he doesn't even know what the "TL Sensor" is...then duh...

NG

Read the bold part...

Ok...now you're a dummy...

NG

PS: You got my name right EL-DOUCHE-O

yea meca, you can have like 5 batteries, mic on floor, and doors/windows open. And throw in a old AC mic, a 157 might be possible.

I do a legal 153.3 on the AC

lol, i dont know why i thought your name was nathan for like 2 days... finals=teh suck.

so glad it will all be over after next week...for 3 months...then the chit starts over...my guidance counciler asked me why i am chitting on exposing myself to litrature and grammar...i said because i cant spell, never could never will and it bores me off my ass...where as Cals, Physics, and Chem dont... my schedule next year = hell for science/math haters...

ya, that was very off topic...